We here at Newshounds HQ absolutely hate Gotham City Impostors
. Why? Well it has nothing to do with the game itself, but rather the fact that Monolith Productions is so community focused they have released almost every in-game costume unlockable as separate DLC
. The team is so happy about how the Gotham City Impostors
public beta turned out, they are going to cause the Newshounds to hate them even more in March.
March is, of course, when the first DLC content pack is available for free. Here's the rundown of what will be yours in just a few weeks:
- A BRAND NEW MAP: The 25th Floor of the Gotham Times building is about to be your playground for destruction! (Just make sure not to fall of the edge.)
- JOIN-IN-PROGRESS: Players can now join a match, even after it has started!
- MATCHMAKING FIXES: Matchmaking has been totally revamped! Those errors you remember? They’re a thing of the past. Gone. Finito.
- NEW WEAPONS: The Falcon Blade (a bullet-blocking katana worthy of warfare in Gotham) and the Kingmaker (a quick-draw pistol that can humble even the mightiest of Mighties) are available for you to unlock!
- A NEW SUPPORT ITEM: Toxic Gas! Leave a cloud of nigh-invisible noxious vapors in your wake, that will impair and damage those foolish enough to follow you.
- A MULTITUDE OF NEW COSTUME CHOICES: In addition to the myriad of costume items already available, we’re letting you dress up like a luchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!
- NEW FUN FACT: The new Nimble Fingers Fun Fact will let you capture Gasblasters faster, and attach/detach batters quicker. The team’s clutch player? Yeah, that’s you.
- MUTE EARLY, MUTE OFTEN: Ever wanted to squelch that guy blasting techno in the pre-game lobby? Now you can! Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.
Finally, Associate Producer Lucas Myers and Senior Producer Nate Edson have some words for their fans:
Gotham City Impostors
is available now on Xbox LIVE for 1200 MSP