The amount of content available in Dungeon Defenders
is staggering. I feel overwhelmed with just the basic game. Trendy Entertainment has decided to make the largest tower defense title on the 360 even bigger with their latest patch. Keep in mind that this is just a content patch and is free for everyone that owns Dungeon Defenders
. Feast your eyes on the Xbox 360 patch notes!
- Tower Attack Rate scaling improved to PC specifications
- Pet Attack Rate scaling improved to PC specifications
- Giraffes are now awarded at Wave 25 and survival stability is also correspondingly improved
- Mistymire weapons now have their appropriate artwork and will save on your hero. (Which means Mistymire reward weapons should not disappear!) Added DLC 2 (Desert Town) weapons/pet as well for that upcoming release. (There's a technical issue with the Mistymire pet, so we're unable to bring that to you. Sorry about that!)
- Raised Level Cap to 78 and added higher-quality items as a result
- Fixed last-minute hero-swapping bug
- Fixed Treasure Hunt skipping issue
- Fixed a potential save corruption case (We never reproduced it here in the office, so this potential fix is mostly guesswork.)
- Fixed bandwidth issue with projectile towers that will also resolve various online latency issues (weapons not appearing, invisible enemies, etc.)
- Squire Towers are a bit less damaging
- You can now have spaces in hero names from the initial Create Hero UI
- Fixed Obedience Training accomplishment to include certain extra Pet variants
- Made Achievements/Trophies attempt to unlock at regular intervals when the Accomplishments are checked (catches any cases where the Achievement or Trophy was not awarded at the time)
- Non-DLC players should no longer have trouble joining DLC Taverns
- Increased the Hero Cap value of all Stats (except for Run Speed) from 70 to 120
- Increased the Mana Cap to 200 million and added four extra item pages to the forge
- Fixed tavern unlock glitch
Level 70 wasn't enough for them?
My favorite part of the patch? The note regarding save corruption. There's a lot of honesty in admitting that a potential fix is mostly just guesswork and I wish more companies would be that upfront regarding patches. Speaking of honesty and being upfront with customers, here's some information regarding DLC for the Xbox 360:
After much thought and investigation, we’ve decided it’s unfeasible from both a technical and business standpoint to bring the PC-only content (Holiday DLC, New Heroes Pack, Barbarian, Assault Mission Pack, Nightmare Mode, Shops, etc.) to the console versions. This is for a variety of reasons including the massive restructuring of the current console game that would have to take place, the QA process necessary to prepare for submission, patch size limitations, patch stacking requirements, and the opportunity cost of pursuing other projects.
While this is unfortunate news, particularly regarding the Barbarian Hero Class, the base game has enough going on that I'm sure we can survive. An estimated time of arrival for the patch was not given, but it should be very soon.