Modern Warfare 3 DLC Incoming for Non-Elites

By Mark Delaney, 6 years ago
While the wealthy 1% of Call of Duty ELITE subscribers have enjoyed new DLC every few weeks since the game's release, the rest of us -- the 99% -- have struggled to get by with the same old maps for months. It isn't fair and it's time we take a stand! Stand beside me as we march to the steps of Infinity Ward and demand we're heard! Bring your tents, your non-perishables, and bring your iPods, we're not leaving until --

What?...Oh. Oh I guess the first map pack for non-ELITE members is actually due out soon. On March 20th, the first add-on will be available on the dashboard for anyone who wants it, featuring the ELITE maps Liberation, Piazza, Overwatch and the upcoming Black Box map, as well. This map pack will be the first of four for non-ELITE subscribers, while ELITE will continue to release them more frequently but in smaller quantities all the way through the next few months.

The next ELITE drop comes on March 13th and will include Black Box as well as two Spec Ops missions, Black Ice and Negotiator.

In “Black Box,” players will battle beside a downed Air Force One amidst multi-level homes overlooking the luxurious Southern California neighbourhood.
Black Box overview

Black Box wing defence

Infiltrating a diamond mine aboard a snowmobile in the Special Ops mission “Black Ice,” your primary objective is to plant high-grade explosives in order to shut the mine down forever.
Black Ice infiltration on a snowmobile

In “Negotiator,” you head to India for high-stakes hostage extraction in which you’ll breach-and-clear rooms and navigate surface streets to ensure the safety of your VIPs.
No pricing was detailed, but anything other than 1200 MSP would be surprising.
Mark Delaney
Written by Mark Delaney
Mark is a Boston native now living in Portland, Oregon. He's the Editorial Manager on TA, loves story-first games, and is one of three voices on the TA Playlist podcast. Outside of games he likes biking, sci-fi, the NFL, and spending time with his fiancée and son. He almost never writes in the third person.