A new teaser trailer has been released for Kalypso Media's upcoming platformer Alien Spidy
. You could see from the previous set of screenshots
we covered, the title looks set to be challenging, visually impressive and well-paced. With the newly released trailer, the upcoming gameplay showcases the Spidy in action as it swings, jumps and floats through some pretty good looking stages.
The story behind Alien Spidy
is simple, but leads on to what will potentially be very challenging stages and tough situations. Alien Spidy has lost contact with his explorer friend Virgil, and in the hope of finding and rescuing her, Spidy sets off to Earth in his little rapid spacecraft. His spacecraft fails to handle the transition into Earth's atmosphere and breaks down and crash-lands on Earth, scattering into collectable pieces across "forests, throughout ponds and into dark caves". After a terrible landing, Spidy is forced to ride solo on this strange world and begins his mission to find and save Virgil, all whilst fighting and escaping enemies and recovering the required pieces from his spacecraft in order to fix it and fly back home with Virgil.
It's going to be one hell of an emotional tear-filled ride once the game is available, but in preparation for the rescue, let's check out some of the features included:
• A unique blend of fast paced physics based platform action and challenging puzzles
• A visually stunning, cartoon-styled Animated world
• Use the analogue control to perform intuitive skill-based maneuvers as Spidy swings from danger, shoots his web and avoids numerous pitfalls and enemies
• Explore three unique game environments with over 70 diverse and challenging levels
• Overcome a huge range of enemies and fight epic boss battles
• Accessible for both casual and core gamers…it’s easy to pick up, but challenging to master
• Unlock over 350 collectables and achievements
• Replay levels to earn higher scores and improve your leader board rankings
Here's the trailer:
remains scheduled for a Summer 2012 release.