Walkthroughs can't be the only team recruiting, right? Of course not! We're here to let you know the news team is presently looking to bring some more hounds on board. We're looking for dedicated people to help get all the 360-related information the TA community wants to read about up on the front page in an accurate in timely manner. We want to add people who have a variety of interests in and around the 360 world, be it the games themselves, the industry, indie games, and so on.
If you'd like to throw in your app for a spot on the team, then please make sure to answer all the questions below and include a sample article
. This is an incredibly important part in help us make sure that we find the right people for the job!
Good luck to everyone who chooses to apply!
• What is your location and timezone?
• How much time could you give per day and what times would you generally be available?
• Why do you want to be a newshound? What contributions would you bring to the team?
• Are there particular genres/gaming topics you favor? All newshounds are expected to cover everything, but what would be your comfort zone?
• Is there anything that the team doesn't currently cover that you'd like to see? How could you help to cover this area?
• Have you written news previously? If so, where? Please submit examples if this applies to you.
• Have you been on TA site staff before? If so, please tell us a little bit about your experience.
• Where would you go to find news? What sources would you consider?
• What improvements / changes do you think we can make to our news coverage?
• Please let us know anything else about you that would make you the most awesome newshound ever. Personality is absolutely imperative for access to our secret tree house
Finally, and perhaps most importantly (so it's bolded for you), please write a sample news story using the format we use here at TA. In addition, include how you went about finding the story and checking its authenticity. You can write anything, but the newer the news, the better.
Don't feel you have to limit yourself to 360 news for the sample article.
The closing date for applications is Friday April 13th - so you've got two whole weeks if you need them.Please send your application to Matrarch via PM