Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages: Are you ready for some BETA!?
That's right, today marks the launch of the beta test for https://www.trueachievements.com/Hybrid-xbox-360.htm
, the upcoming XBLA Shooter from 5th Cell. For those wanting to know what the beta will include, we've got you covered with info thanks to the good folks at XBLA Fans
* There will be 3 maps and 3 modes in the beta. The full game will feature 10 maps and 7 modes.
* The level cap is 50, but surpassing level 25 is “highly unlikely” within the beta.
* The beta will feature many of the game's unlockable weapons.
* One of the biggest features of Hybrid
, the ongoing war between the Paladins and the Variants, will be active during the run of the beta. This territory metagame will be persistent and ever-active. To facilitate this, players will be forced to pick a faction when they first log on and will not be able to change
in beta. Players of opposite factions cannot be played with on the same team, even if they’re on your friends list
. In the full version there are ways to change your faction, so we’re told. Much like the knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
, "You must choose, but choose wisely."
* Nothing will be added to the beta after it goes live. It will be two and a half weeks long.
* Players are heavily encouraged to report bugs and impressions to the Hybrid forums
As always, be sure to check out all of our previous coverage
(or just the Beta Trailer
) for all of the details on 5th Cell's ambitious new shooter.
The full release of Hybrid
is due to hit the Xbox LIVE Arcade this summer.