When you think of the trends going through many series lately, one that will likely come to mind is just how many are adding Kinect support. From Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
, to Mass Effect 3
, all the way through to yet another edition of Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair
, the tendency is to add Kinect functionality.
Leave it to Microsoft to throw us a curve ball and take the Kinect functionality out of title. Revealed exclusively to PlayXBLA
, Joy Ride Turbo
is an upcoming XBLA title from the makers of Kinect Joy Ride
. In the game, you'll be able to traverse the Stunt Park, where you can collect trophies, car parts, and coins to unlock 42 unique vehicles.
Below, we have several screens and details about the game:
• Race your friends in local 4-player split-screen or compete with up to 8 on Xbox LIVE.
• Knock out your competitors and take the race lead with rockets, mines, dynamite drops and more.
• Explore the new Stunt Park to gather all of the collectibles and showoff your skills.
• Find and collect car parts to unlock vehicles, each with unique speed and handling characteristics, giving you an edge in your next race.
• Achieve racing leaderboard fame in 3 modes of play: Battle Race, Pro Race & Time Trial.
No release date or pricing information has yet been revealed for Joy Ride Turbo
, but we'll bring it to you as soon as it's available.