A New Decade = A New Look TrueAchievements

By Rich Stone, 9 years ago
Greetings fellow achievement-hunters!

I’ve been thinking for some time that the site could do with a bit of a re-design. It’s nearly 2 years old now, and when I originally wrote it I used a free template that I’d seen online.

At the time, my design skills were pretty terrible, and I wanted to concentrate more on the functionality of the site rather than making it look pretty, so a template was a quick and easy route for me to get something up and running as quickly as possible.

Since then, my design skills have improved a little, and most of our users have got bigger displays. Beforehand there was a lot of white space kicking about, which was a bit of a waste seeing as we have so much great content that could be put in it!

So I have written a semi-fluid page layout. This means that for the 90% of our users that have 1200 pixel-width or higher displays, you’ll get a lot more TA on screen at one time. For the other 10%, the page will automatically resize down to fit your display, and hopefully everything will still look pretty good.

As you can imagine, there’s a lot of browser/screen size combinations, and a whole load of pages on TA. I’ve done my best to test the areas of the site that I use most in a variety of browsers and screen sizes, but there will no doubt be a lot of stuff that I have missed or forgotten.

So if you find any problems with the new layout, please post them here:

Problems with the new design

Anyway, I hope you like the new design, I think it’s a lot more 2010s than the last one, and I would like to wish you all a fantastic new year!

All the best for 2010 and beyond….

Rich Stone
Written by Rich Stone
Creator of TrueAchievements, TrueTrophies and TrueSteamAchievements. Writes site news and still finds time for the odd game here and there. Loves Racing games and Shooters, yet to be convinced that any RPG is worth the time investment!