Can you believe that this year's iteration of the Summer of Arcade
will be the fifth? Of course, this means there's cause for celebration, and Microsoft is bringing along party favors for those of you with https://www.trueachievements.com/Minecraft-xbox-360.htm
Microsoft, as part of this year's Summer of Arcade, will be launching a "Summer of Arcade Experience" App on the Dashboard. From there, any Xbox LIVE user (so yes, Gold and Silver accounts get this benefit!) can download goodies for two of the Xbox LIVE Arcade's most popular titles. You don't even need to buy any of this year's titles to take advantage of the offer!
Here's what you can pick up, according to a post from Major Nelson
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
WHAT: Get an exclusive free customized Summer of Arcade Skin Pack exclusively by visiting the Xbox LIVE experience on your Xbox 360 during the promotion. The pack will contain skins for all five Summer of Arcade games.
WHAT: Each week during the Summer of Arcade, you can download a free track for Trials Evolution, inspired by each new Summer of Arcade game release.
In addition to this Summer of Arcade related news, we also have more Minecraft
-specific details for you. First, we have a couple more skin sets to share, one featuring characters from https://www.trueachievements.com/BanjoKazooie-xbox-360.htm
, and the other featuring various Trials
Also, there was a big Minecraft
fix released today. The details of the 1.7.3 update are listed below:
- Added Pistons & Sticky Pistons.
- Added Stackable fences.
- Added Shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
- TNT needs Flint and Steel or Redstone to detonate.
- Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick.
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from Downloadable Content skin packs.
- Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80,
and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
Tutorial World changes & additions:-
- Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using Pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for Flint and Steel.
- Fix for Note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for Netherracks re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them.
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Removed Herobrine.
As with past updates, you'll be prompted to download it the next time you turn on your console.
Thanks to all the community members who sent this one in!