When's the last time we had two Windows Phone releases on the same day? We did have two releases last week, but that was split between Wednesday's https://www.trueachievements.com/Gun-Bros-WP-xbox-360.htm and the Nokia exclusive Mirror's Edge (WP) on Friday. We've known about Contract Killer coming, but Lode Runner has arrived as a bit of a suprise.
In Contract Killer, your role is that of an assassin, tasked to take out targets with a variety of sniper rifles and other weapons. The game is completely free but is supplemented with optional paid DLC to purchase weapons and energy quicker. You can obtain all 200 gamerscore without it though.
https://www.trueachievements.com/Contract-Killer-WP-xbo....htm - Free
They might call you an enforcer, or an assassin. Call it what you like - you're a CONTRACT KILLER.
Pulled into a world of bounty hunters, mobsters and criminals, you must check in with your contacts and accept SECRET MISSIONS that only you can handle. Select your WEAPON OF CHOICE from an inventory of sniper rifles, assault rifles and machine guns. Locate your target, zoom in, take aim and GO FOR THE HEADSHOT to earn cold hard cash. You might eliminate a crime boss and escape without being spotted, or you might walk straight into an AMBUSH...
* WELCOME TO CENTRAL CITY – Prepare for your mission and then jump into one of many vantage points within 5 gritty 3D locations
* UNLIMITED MISSIONS – 17 Story Missions and unlimited Random Missions provide cash, XP and lots of action
* ADD XBOX LIVE FRIENDS – send gifts or take aim
* TARGET YOUR FRIENDS - select that special friend and put them in your crosshairs
*DEADLY WEAPONS - 20 distinct weapons including handguns, sniper rifles, machine guns and assault rifles
*ALIVE OR DEAD – Use the Tranquilizer Gun to capture your target or put them down... permanently
The other release today brings back a game that is nearly thirty years old. Now you can bring this nugget of classic gaming with you on your Windows Phone.
https://www.trueachievements.com/Lode-Runner--Classic-x....htm - $2.99/£2.29
Lode Runner Classic contains all of the block-blasting mayhem of the original 1983 smash hit, in which the untiring Runner faces off against relentlessly pursuing enemies in level after level of gold-grabbing gluttony.
The game contains all 150 original levels and mimics the manipulable, original enemy AI. Build your high score as you play through levels sequentially in Expedition mode or whittle down your level completion times in Time Attack mode! Both modes support leaderboards.
• 150 puzzling levels – all unlocked and accessible
• Clever, non-disposable enemies
• New magnification effect – zoom the action around the Runner
• Multiple play speeds – super slow to superfast action
• 2 control schemes – virtual D-pad and touch controls
• Illustrated How to Play section
• Xbox LIVE Achievements and Leaderboards