Hammond, also known as Wrecking Ball, is officially out which means his achievements are ready to be unlocked! His Adaptation achievement / trophy is going to take a little patience to get. Generate shield for Hammond by using his Adaptive Shield ability. It works like this: Each use generates 100 shield + (100 x E); where E = number of enemies around Hammond. The more enemies around, the more shield generated, but also the higher risk of getting eliminated. The max shield that can be generated in a single use is 700 (100 + all 6 enemies in close proximity).
The achievement requires you to absorb 1500 damage with your shields in a single life. That means you'll have to use the ability several times and have enemies attack you (hence, your shields are absorbing damage) for a grand total of 1500 shield depleted by damage. Here's some tips:
• You can see how many enemies (more enemies = more shield) are around you with the indicator in the bottom left corner of your screen.
• Don't jump into the whole enemy team to try and get max shield with your ability. It's okay to only have one or two enemies around.
• If you're being attacked from long range, it's okay to use your Adaptive Shield even if you'll only get the base 100 shield. Every little bit counts!
• Once your shields are depleted, roll out of there and heal up. Wait for the ability to cooldown and then head back into the fight.
• Be aware that this can easily take about half of the game time, so be patient and focus on staying alive!