Since I just got this achievement, I can say that doing the cases is an absolute waste of time. You’re literally wasting time doing them, when you should instead just work on this achievement and this achievement only. Well, maybe Census Taker also.
For starters, only do this once your level 50 and have the Real Mega Buster. This makes it much easier to have your 3 books, a queen or two, some food to give any survivor that’s low on health, your two weapons, and the rest up to your play style. Playing the game and using multiple playthroughs like I did, you will get very familiar with the game and know it’s layout inside and out.
A few things that I haven’t really seen on other guides, while searching on the net:
Do you have to complete Overtime Mode? No
Do you have to get Ending A? No
Do you have to complete all cases? No
How few cases do I need to complete? 6 (my journey anyways)
It’s very simple. Use the Medicine Run…exploit. I won’t say glitch, because technically it isn’t. Once you get to the 7th case (2-3: Medicine Run), your case wasting is over. The game never comes to an end, as long as you don’t give the medicine to Jessie. Brad (even on his death bed), will be counted as a survivor in the survivor chart at the end of the game. So will Barnaby.
But doing this, you cannot save Simone or Isabela. This leaves you with 52 survivors to help. So you can have two accidental deaths and still be ok. But just get all 52 to be safe. Using a survivor chart I found online, I was able to plan out my routes to take in maximizing my survivor count.http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Dead_Rising/Survivors
This is what I used. But I will admit that their not 100% accurate on the times. A few different times are off by an hour or so. Nothing to major however. Here’s how I did my first day (obviously everyone’s run-throughs are different):
1. Save Natalie and Jeff
2. Do first 4 cases ASAP
3. Save Bill, bring back to Paradise Plaza
4. Deal with Kent’s BS (don’t kill him obviously because of Tad on 3rd day)
5. Return Bill to SR
6. Wait by Leisure Park doors in Paradise Plaza until 6
7. At 6 pm, deal with the Convicts and return Sophia to the SR
8. Save Aaron, Burt and Leah in one trip to SR
9. At 9 pm, head to Wonderland and deal with Adam to get your chainsaw(s)
10. Follow Greg to get your shortcut. Use it and then immediately use it again back to Wonderland
11. Set waypoint for Greg, or bring him with you to the Japanese tourists
12. Take all 3 to the SR
13. Run to North Plaza and kill Cletus and then save David
(You need Cletus dead for Brett, Jonathan, and Alyssa to spawn there on September 21, 12:00am)
14. Wait til 6am for case 2-1
15. Head to Entrance Plaza to “kill” Carlito
16. Get your Medicine Run case and your freedom.
Just start planning accordingly your routes and who to take when. Just keep in mind, you can never be late for Kent if you want Tad.
And of course as already mentioned: SAVE OFTEN!!!