This is the CO-OP easter-egg method for the ‘Time Travel Will Tell’ achievement and will also unlock two gamer pictures when the focusing stone is acquired.
The clip at the bottom of this solution is all you should really need
however I have still explained the steps in detail below.
This entire method MUST be done in FOUR PLAYER CO-OP. It is NOT possible with only 1, 2 or 3 players in the match.Remember:
a) The eclipse/travelling to the past must be activated before each step is attempted and imposes a time limit for completion of each of the steps.
b) If you realise you have done something wrong, re-do the process correctly. If it still does not work then complete the next round and make more crawlers and try again. If this does not solve the issue then you may need to restart the game.
What you will need in order of use:+
4 players all with a few hours of free time and connections that wont drop out+
Juggernog [optional, but highly recommended for all players in the game]+
PHP Flopper [optional, but highly recommended for players with a ray-gun][!]
Shrink-ray from the random box for steps 8., 18. and 19.
[must be pack-a-punched for steps18.
Any explosives to later release a crystal
At least 3 spikemores [4 recommended] to later plug up the 4 waterfall cave holes[!!!!]
Any explosives to later destroy a trap
[frags/semtex/monkey-bomb]POWER1. Buy the M14, take one window each and do not leave spawn. Allow zombies to enter spawn through the windows before killing them so that they will drop power-ups. Take the power-up if it’s a double points, max ammo or random perk bottle. If not, allow a monkey to randomise it then kill the monkey with your M14s until you receive one of the aforementioned three. Farm points by shooting zombies in the leg multiple times with your pistol and then stabbing them in the early rounds. Start going for headshots with the M14 at round 4. Create crawler(s) near round 5’s end. In order to create a crawler simply aim any explosive at a zombie's legs. If you do not wish to have to babysit your crawlers to prevent them from dying do not lay down any spikemores.
2. Open all doors and clear all debris on the map EXCEPT the debris beside the spikemore and M16. Follow the chalk lightning bolts to the underground power room. Switch the power on by holding (x) on both of the water-wheel power switches. Find the random box and attain a decent weapon each. If a player receives the shrink-ray[31-79 JGb215] at any point they should keep it and at least some of its ammunition throughout this entire easter-egg.
3. Activate eclipse. In order to do so each of the 4 players must each stand beside one of the four cylindrical skull buttons at spawn near quick revive and press them by holding (X) all at the same time. A verbal countdown is almost essential for synchronisation and it’s highly advised that each person use the same button each time in the future in order to speed up the process of activating the eclipse/night-time/travelling to the past.
4. Three players must then proceed past the mudpit to the grassy area near the perks-a-cola machine where one shall stay and the other two go across the bridge to the grassy area near the pack a punch pressure pad. The fourth player proceeds to the mine-cart area and takes a right pressing an eclipse-type cylindrical button on the wall opposite the mine cart perks-a-cola machine [just to the left of the MPL]. This will make 12 concrete slab stepping stones appear at each of the grassy areas players are now at.
5. The player that just pressed the button will now stand on one stone memorise the symbol/shape and then step off it. This player will then announce what he saw and the other 3 will start walking onto their stones to find it. Each time you complete a stone the symbols are randomised. When it has been found stay on it while the button presser stands back on his matching stone and it will disappear in both locations. The symbols/shapes that appear are listed below with descriptions.
venn-diagram – centre of a venn diagram / two arcs intersecting / double helix
semi-circle – semi-circle shape / capital letter d
letter t – capital letter t with a line/nail across it
stitches – a long line with three lines across it
therefore – three dots arranged in a triangle
female – female gender symbol
pill – circle with a line across it
target – circle with a dot in it
crescent – crescent moon
diamond – self explanatory
asterisk – self explanatory
triangle – self explanatory
Take care to not stand on any stones accidentally as this will reset your progress and all stones will reappear. Repeat this until all the stones are gone. After a few seconds; eclipse will end, time will return to present and a ding sound will play as crystal 1 will appear above the structure where the button was pressed. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process.
PRESSURE GRATE / WATER SLIDE
6. Activate eclipse. Then all four players will proceed past the mudpit and to the waterfall slide on the left. Three players will then take it down and stand on the pressure grate near where they land. When all three players are on the grate the fourth will take the slide and hold (X) whilst looking slightly to their right and a third of the way down it a lever should be activated as a result. After a few seconds; eclipse will end, time will return to present and a ding sound will play as crystal 2 will appear. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process.
ATTAINING SHRINK RAY
7. If no players have received the shrink ray from the box as yet you must survive up to the point that you can afford to hit the box repeatedly until a player gets it. The best way to do this is to camp in the power room by the spikemore wall. This will only work if the spikemore/m16 debris has not been cleared. One player should watch the window and floor on the right side near the power switch whilst one player should watch the other window near to the box. The other two players [ones with the best guns and most ammo] stand side by side between the box and the nearest window to the box and watch the entire left flank of the power room from which the bulk of zombies will appear. Farm points here by killing zombies with headshots and repairing windows. Lay spikemores in the neutral zone between the left and right side (beside where you buy spikemores off the wall) so that when you get in trouble you can fall back slowly and the spikemores will aid your retreat until you recover the upper hand. Create crawlers near the end of each round to easily spend your points on the box. All players should buy Juggernog now if they have not already. If no one has the shrink ray by about round 12 restarting the game is advised.
>>> DO NOT PROCEED until you have the shrink ray. <<<
8. Activate eclipse. Proceed to the mudpit and turn left so you are facing the waterfall slide. Look up to the top of the waterfall and slightly to the right – you will notice a large ensnared crystal. Use an explosive such as frags/semtex/ray-gun on it in order to make it fall down. If using frags cook them so they explode right beside the crystal. Once the crystal falls to the ground shoot it with the shrink ray and it will become permanently smaller. Knife the small crystal into the slide and then follow it down. It will roll onto the geyser. Stand on the geyser to activate it which will jettison the crystal into the air and onto its pole. After a few seconds; eclipse will end, time will return to present and a ding sound will play as crystal 3 will appear above the bamboo trap archway between spawn and the mine-cart. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process.
NAPALM ZOMBIE – most difficult step
This step can be extremely frustrating and requires seamless teamwork and communication in order to complete. It is by far the hardest of all the steps. My following strategy seems to work more or less perfectly time and again if executed correctly.9. Kill your crawlers and return to your camping spot. Hold out until a napalm zombie spawns. When a napalm zombie takes enough damage he will die in a ball of fire and the napalm will burn a small area where he died for a few seconds damaging anything that touches it. Napalm zombies also die if you let them get too close to you - so stay far away from it at all times in order to keep it alive. He will occasionally spawn on the right side with the single player guarding the window in which case you all simply run away from him and shoot your way out up the left side. He will usually however spawn on the left side at the back of the firing line near the bowie knife. When this happens remain in your position killing zombies but taking care not to shoot at the napalm zombie. As soon as you can notice your screen go slightly blurred from heat move back until you are all four between the spikemores and right side window still killing zombies. Try to make a few crawlers now even if the wave is far from over. When he is between the box spawn and the left side window you just retreated from all together RUN and gun at the same time out up the right hand side past the power switches, past the perks-a-cola machine, past the bowie knife and out the exit then make a left and make sure all four of you take the geyser at the same time. You will be shot up into spawn.
10. Get to your assigned switch and activate eclipse quickly. Now is not the time to mess up synchronisation. Run past the bamboo trap to the mine-cart side - this can be difficult if you happen to get stuck in the bamboo. The second you make it through, cover the area behind you and your teammates still trying to get past it. Proceed with your team down the tunnel with two players covering the front and two players covering the back until you reach the valve beside the pack-a-punch pressure pad. Turn the valve anti-clockwise four times by holding and releasing (X) while beside it and looking at it. There should now be a visible gas leak near the tunnel entrance, one further down beside the box spawn and mine-cart geyser, and two above the M16 beside the debris you didn’t open. Move back to the tunnel entrance and hold there until the napalm zombie becomes visible making his way from spawn towards the tunnel entrance. Note that if you don’t do this he will drop down the geyser behind you making ignition of all four gas leaks still possible just more difficult and forcing you to take him out of the tunnel then back down the geyser then to the m16 leaks. Assuming you have him coming slowly down the tunnel, keep your distance and stay alive. As soon as you can see the walls of the cave lighting up you can move back towards the geyser. When you make visual contact from the geyser/ak74 room the player with the shrink gun and the two with the second best guns should take the geyser out and leave the fourth player to lure him past the geyser/random box leak and then slowly back him down into the M16 leaks killing zombies and keeping yourself alive all the while. When he reaches the M16 room your inclination would be to open the debris but instead stand in the corner below the leak with your back right up against the debris. He will easily ignite the first leak above the M16 but only just ignite the fourth and final leak above your head as he reaches you and explodes. If you try to run past him at this point you will make him explode possibly without igniting the final leak so don’t chicken out.
11. With the fourth and final leak ignited your three teammates can come back down the tunnel and hold (X) on the lever beside the valve and it will be pulled down. If you didn’t get lucky and survive your suicide mission they should now come revive you. After a few seconds; eclipse will end, time will return to present and a ding sound will play as crystal 4 will appear. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process.
12. At least two players should buy two spikemores each off the wall near your camping spot for 1000 points. Activate eclipse. Proceed to the tunnel between the bridge and the waterfall. You will notice four holes in the walls of the tunnel. Stand up against the opposite wall facing a hole and aim your gun at it, without touching your aim at all switch to your spikemore and plant it. Repeat for all four holes. Note that if you plant a spikemore while aiming at the wooden beam between the two holes nearest the waterfall it will fill both holes with one spikemore. It is possible to camp in this tunnel with 2 players watching each side until the spikemores are tripped by zombies and all four holes are filled or simply lure your three or more crawlers there before activating eclipse as waiting for them to crawl to you in the tunnel to activate the spikemores will take too long during the limited eclipse. You will be able to clearly see a black bamboo shoot plugging up each hole when it has worked. With all four holes plugged quickly go to the waterfall and press the brick sticking out of the rock in the centre of it by holding (X) even though it says don’t hold x. If this is being done during a wave run back to your camping spot and create more crawlers at the end of the round to start the next steps. After a few seconds; eclipse will end, time will return to present and a ding sound will play as crystal 5 will appear. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process.
GLOWING CONCRETE SLABS
13. Activate eclipse. The stepping stones from step3. are now scattered around the map. There are 12 in total. Players must activate all 12 in a timely manner by knifing the top half of the slab until it glows light blue. There is no specific order. The slabs’ locations are listed below.
spawn area and bamboo traps - 5 slabs
power room and adjacent geyser area - 3 slabs
mud-pit temple area - 2 slabs
mine-cart area - 2 slabs
14. Once all 12 slabs are activated go to the mine-cart. In the grassy area to the left that cannot be accessed there should be a trap. Throw an explosive such as a grenade/semtex/monkey-bomb at it. After a few seconds; eclipse will end and time will return to present - there is no crystal for this step. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process.
15. Whilst listening to radios is not necessary, it seems to prevent the easter-egg from reaching a standstill during step 18. so proceed to the mine-cart area in the present and locate the radio on the box to your right beside the mine-cart itself. Wait for the transmission to end. Activate eclipse. Proceed to the mudpit and locate the four large brown dials with gold symbols on them. Set each to its correct number by pressing (X) near it to rotate the desired symbol into the top position on the dial. Each one has only one number from the sequence 1, 3, 4, 16. The symbols are explained below.
C = 10
| = 5
. = 1
dial # =_number_=___description___= code
dial 1 =___01___=____one dot_____= .
dial 2 =___03___=___three dots____= . . .
dial 3 =___04___=___four dots_____= . . . .
dial 4 =___16___=_C, line and a dot_= C | .
After a few seconds; eclipse will end, time will return to present and a ding sound will play as the 6th and final crystal will appear. During the present; the mine-cart radio should now have disappeared and another radio will appear on the circular stone rubble right beside the bottom of the pack-a-punch steps and water feature dragon statue on the right side. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process. Wait for the transmission to end.
16. Attain enough points to pack-a-punch the shrink ray [5000points]. Go back to the camping spot and play another round if necessary then create crawlers at the round’s end and proceed. One person must stand on each of the pack-a-punch pressure pads beside a spinning statue so that all four pads are depressed and all four partitions of the statue stop spinning. There is one at spawn, the end of the bridge, the power room and the fire/gas tunnel. The steps from spawn will now be open to pack-a-punch. Pack-a-punch the shrink ray before you get washed down the steps the star shaped stones on each side of the steps show how much time u have left – when they reach the top water will be released and you may lose your gun in the machine so make sure you have the person pack-a-punching the shrink ray on the spawn pad. With the pack-a-punched shrink ray you can now finish the easter egg.
17. Activate eclipse. Knife each of the gongs around the map in order to locate the ones which make a smooth singing sound rather than a cracking sound. If you knife it and the crystals turn red you have the wrong gong. Four gongs will ring a harmonic tune the other four are useless. Which gongs make what sound is random so you have to use trial and error to locate them. There are 8 gongs in total; 3 in the mine cart area + 1 at spawn + 3 near the mudpit + 1 on the far end of the bridge. When you have located the four gongs assign one to each player placing the person with the shrink ray and the person to catch the dynamite on the closest gongs to the mine-cart. Let eclipse expire.
18. Activate eclipse. All players should run to their gong and then knife them at the same time with an audible countdown over mics much like the one used to sync the eclipse buttons. All six crystals should now be glowing brightly with a pale yellowish colour and a treyarch-symbol-like aura. The person with the shrink ray must then use it to quickly shoot the crystal between the mine-cart and the bamboo trap [right beside where you land when you come up from the mine-cart geyser]. This crystal should have dynamite hanging off of it. When you shoot it with the shrink ray and the beam reflects/refracts back to it from crystal 1 the dynamite will be ejected off of the crystal pole and will fall to the ground between the pole itself and the rubble directly opposite it near the bamboo trap. A player must be standing in this position looking up at the dynamite in order to compensate for incorrect judgement and strafe to catch it before it hits the ground. The player catching it does not need to press anything. The dynamite must simply touch the player’s character before it touches the ground – much like the vodka bottle from cotd. When you have the dynamite it will be visible on your HUD in your inventory to the left of you ammunition readout much like the golden rod from cotd and that richtofen spawns with on Shangri-La. If not you have done something wrong, repeat the process.
19. If the crystals are still lit up and the gongs are ringing and you are still in eclipse mode then the person with the shrink ray must quickly shoot the crystal above the mud room visible from spawn [crystal 6]. If not, return to step 18.. The shrink rays should then reflect/refract around all six crystals culminating in amplification and dispersion at crystal 3 which ultimately results in the massive meteor above the pack-a-punch machine being shrunk into a stone.
20. Activate all four pack-a-punch pressure pads again. Take the stairs up to the wall behind where pack-a-punch used to be and wait for the dialogue to end then the person with the dynamite must pass it through to them by holding (X). If it disappears from your inventory you have successfully given them the dynamite. Pack a punch time will now run out and you will be washed downs the stairs. Eclipse will end and time will return to present. Eclipse cannot now be reactivated and doesn’t need to be.
21. Activate all four pack-a-punch pressure pads again. Take the stairs up to where the wall used to be and you will notice a glowing miniature version of the meteorite that was above pack-a-punch. That’s the focusing stone! Retrieve it by holding (X). The player that retrieves the stone will receive all seven perks permanently, not losing them even when downed or even when dead and respawned into the game! The other three players do not receive the perks however this entire process can now be repeated in order to award the other players the seven permanent perks. All four players unlock the achievement and two gamer pictures; one of Dempsey and one of Richtofen.
22. Congratsss you just completed the longest blops zombie easter egg to date! Now see how long you can survive with our golden camping spot and a damn near invincible player... XD
Massive shout-out for help on Shangri-La goes to the amazing Claymore who also discovered the spikemore area camping strat by herself!
The clip below is brilliantly helpful, watch it!
Hope this helps
All credit for this youtube video demo goes to Rooster Teeth.