After recently picking up this game in the bargin bin at a friend's suggestion, I read the reviews posted and found them to a bit inflated. This review is not intended to be as indepth as the others already posted, but just a bit more realistic in a few areas of the game. I found this game to be decent overall, but definitely not worthy of a five star rating.
1) Hard difficulty can be accomplished on your first run through for the average player.
2) MOST (not all) of the achs are fairly simple
3) mechanics of combat are very simple
4) levels have good variety
In the middle:
1) While the story and characters are somewhat interesting, they are by no means so epic to rate 5 stars. The game makes no attempt to explain how things came to be like they did. Finding masks provides flashback to the 20th century, but their significance (masks or flashbacks) is never revealed in a satisfactory way.
2) Trip - At times the story portrays her as a scared girl in need of help, but in reality she is the thing she is fighting against. She has enslaved Monkey against his will, then fails to keep her promise to release him when he does as she asks. I also found her bossy attitude and frequent "hurry up" to be quite annoying.
3) the Cloud hover feature is fun, but is limited.
4) Although the game saves fairly often, it doesnt necessarily count as your last checkpoint if you reload.
1) The camera in this game drove me crazy. Most games have an auto center button, but this game automatically centers the camera. This made it frustrating when looking around & trying to examine your environment. It also seemed too close during some of the combat.
2) Enviromental traps on several of the levels will kill you instantly
3) Chase sequences on 2 levels are a pain, especially on hard difficulty
4) The 100% Tech Orb achievement is a real pain, even using a guide.
Again, this quick review is just meant to assess this game in what I believe is a more realistic manner. I only paid $10 for this game, so Im glad I played it, but I honestly dont think it is worth much more than that.