23 Apr 2012 07 Mar 2017
Okay just got this and to add some tips and clear up the exploit from FreedMania I am going to write a new guide.
1) Make sure you have enabled the game to "Run When Locked" under Help & Options. You will also be asked this when you load up the game for the first time.
2) Then start up I, Zombie Endless and at the start of the stage just tap the lock button on your phone, thus simply locking your phone but not turning it off. Then unlock your phone, this should take you right back to where you were with a "Resume Game" button.
3) This has just created a save point you can revert back to ONE TIME if you screw up. If you do screw up make sure you just fail the level and when the prompt appears to "Try Again" do NOT hit it but click "Menu" in the top right corner.
4) Go back to I,Zombie Endless and make sure you do not click Adventure Mode by accident as this will erase the save. Then right when it loads up make sure you press "Continue" then your save is reloaded.
5) IMMEDIATELY after you press "Continue" repeat step #2 because the save only works ONE TIME, all you have to do though, is create a new save every time you screw up and reload. Just make sure whenever you get to a new level or reload the save you repeat step #2.
Also keep this method in mind when you are close to completing a level as well. Because it is completely random on which level you receive. Therefore, making a save before you complete a level will make sure you do not get screwed over. So if you get a tough level that you can not complete or are going to lose a lot of sun on just reload the checkpoint at the end of the previous level. So that you can hope to get an easier one this time.
Now to get the achievement all you have to do is beat Streak Nine, thus having obtained a Streak of Ten. Now there are certain levels that people are calling "Scaredy-Shroom" levels and has nothing but Puff-Shrooms, Scaredy-Shrooms and Sunflower's. You will need to get at least one of these levels (depending on the random layout of each map) to be able to get to Streak Ten. I only got one of these levels and barley passed Streak Nine with only a little Sun to spare.
You need to take your time and be smart to be able to get through this. For example you need to time the "Scaredy-Shroom Level" just right to get maximum Sun. I sent a Bucket Head Zombie down the middle lane and as he progressed the Scaredy-Shrooms in adjacent lanes would hide letting me send a Imp or Cone Head Zombie down the row to easily deal with it and gain some massive sun.
You also need to watch out for the Magnet-Shrooms and Kernal Pults as they are both extremely annoying. I tried to use a Miner Zombie when ever possible but you have to watch out for the Starfruit, Split Peas and Magnet-Shrooms. Just try to be as strategic as possible. As said before two Cone Head Zombies are extremely effective especially for lanes that have Magnet-Shrooms. Although someone said the two Cone Head Zombies are or are close to being as strong as the Football Player Zombie and this is not true. He can take an extreme beating compared to that of the two Cone Head Zombies being released at the same time just a Ice Pea or Kernal Pult could be his death.
Anyway I hope this makes it more clear and helps you guys out. If you have any questions or want to know anything just let me know and I will do whatever I can to help you out.
***Please take note that there are some Windows Phones that are not capable of using this exploit. I'm sorry if this has happened to you, but you need to do the research before you buy the game. There are many other WP7 games that use the same exploit of locking your phone to create a check point. Anyway if you are one that was screwed over for this method, and feeling generous you can save someone else the trouble. Post the phone you have that it did not work with and I will add a list below this to help out other people debating on getting the game or not.
So far it is also looking like some people are having luck on certain phones where others are not. This list is a great place to look if you have not started the game yet. However, there is some argument where people are saying they did get certain phones to work where others said they could not get that same model to work. You will have to make the final decision on whether you start the game or not. As this is a very fun game as it was on the Xbox Live Arcade but this achievement will prove to be very challenging with out this exploit but is not impossible.
I am also going to start a list for phones that people said this did work on. I will also add the users as a thanks for them stopping by to let us know if they did or did not get it to work. If you are reading this and this did or did not work for you please comment and I will add your Gamer Tag and phone to this list.
List of Windows Phones that do not work with this exploit:
User and Model of Windows Phone,
Epsilon Theta (Lumia 800)
Gacys Clown (Lumia 920)
List of Windows Phones that did work with this exploit:
User and Model of Windows Phone,
LinkHyrule123 (Omnia 7)
Jerith Geros (Nokia Lumia 1020)
Bears Scare Me (Nokia Lumia 920)
FlukyGorgon6351 (Nokia Lumia 620)
DcupsOfJustice (Nokia Lumia 520)
x PeteyPablo v (Nokia Lumia 635)