I beat it this night and I try to give some tips to focus on:
- Be fuckin concentrated and pay attention. Those damn Replicas can drain your health to zero before you can turn around.
- I recommend you to play the Extreme Run as your third or fourth run. There is nothing more frustrating than dying because some asshole Replica shot you from behind.
- As a laundryman says: Use cover, SloMo and try to grab every booster you can. Don't rush into a fight with a drained reflex bar. I myself didn't feel like using the leaning ability because I had to get my thumb away from the left stick.
- It may sound cocky but you'll need to aim very good. It is best if you are able to aim in (less than a) 1 second in SloMo on their chest or head. It makes your life much more comfortable.
- DO NOT use the shotgun. The shotgun is only effective on close range. Most enemies are middle or far distance so its senseless. If they are close range activate SloMo and give them some headshots.
- Get used to the xbox -exclusive SM15. You will obtain a whole mountain of ammo for this weapon so you dont have to fear running out.
- My second weapon was the G2A2 for when things get ugly. I, like a laundryman, recommend you to keep this weapon as long as you can.
- Take the penetrator as the third weapon till you get the Type7. That one kicks ass.
- Don't carry the rocket launcher along with you. It may be effective against Mechs or Heavy Armor but only against them. 5 Shots and you're empty. Better take the Type 7 or SM15. You'll be able to kill more with them.
Replicas and other basic enemies:
- Most of them are done with a few bullet into the fuckin head. Don't rush it or try to fight more then 2 at the same time. Try to let them come and shoot them seperatly.
- Before they will rush to you they will most likely throw a grenade, so stay out of range.
- DO NOT waste your grenades. You are doing better saving them for the Mechs.
- Heavy Armor: Those bitches can really beat the shit out of you. In the first Intervals you'll have the most trouble with them. Try to eliminate all the Replicas arround before bothering the Heavy Armor. He IS an asshole so treat him like one!
There are 3 Types of Heavy Armor: The Ones with the Penetrator, those with a Rocket Launcher and one with the Type7.
When dealing with the Penetrator ones you'll need to take the Penetrator yourself and try to shoot them constantly in the head (SloMo please) after you threw a grenade. Repeat this until the asshole is killed.
There are one or two Heavy Armors with a Rocket Launcher. Try to get as much distance as possible between you and him. That way you'll have a greater chance dodging the missiles. Srsly dodge them, one hit is an instant kill. Use the penetrator or Type 7 (If you obtained it till then). Activate SloMo, step away from the cover, shoot 1 or 2 times and then take cover again. Grenades are too dangerous because you'll need 1-2 seconds to throw them.
There is (afair) only on HA with a Type 7. He is in the room before you meet Alice Wade. First, kill all the Replicas and I recommend you to have at least 151 HP on your life because one shot of this miserable fuck will cost you 150 HP. You'll need some grenades and luck as well. Throw a grenade and hope it hits its target. Go in SloMo, head around the corner and give him a few shots in the face while hes "sittin" on the ground. As soon as he stands up go back behind the wall and redo this method.
- Mech: Oh boy, these dudes don't fuck around. There are 4 or 5. I can assure you that you have to kill nearly all of them because running past is no option. One hit is fatal, trust me. Try to get as much distance as possible and treat him with the same tactic as you did with those rocket lanucher Heavy Armor's. It will take longer but trust me, its the only real option.
There is only one you are doing better running past. Its the one in interval 6 I think in this atrium at the office. (Its also a multiplayermap but I don't remember its name).
When you drop down on the ground, shoot everybody and equip youself with a strong machinegun. Go ahead till the Mech drops down. Activate SloMo and Run. During that try to shoot the two or three guys on the upper level which will block your way when you make a U- Turn to get out of this location (gawd is this hard to describe. You will know what I mean when you're there).
The first one (the one who comes down the lift) is fairly easy. Get your hands on the rocket launcher around the corner and put some mines around where he will get down. I was able to kill this motherfucker in less than 10 seconds.
In the eights Interval there will be (in point of Entry 2 I think) two of these bastards, one after another. Try to get them with your Type 7 from the storehouse behind some cover.
- If you can bypass them, do so. If not, give them some MP50 or SM15 combined with taking cover and patients. Don't use the penetrator. He's as useless as the balls of the pope.
- Seriously, I FUCKIN HATE THEM. They are such a pain in the ass and I don't talk about interval 10 or 11. I am talking about the scenes where you are in a dark area with fire sorrounding you and they randomly appear around, killing 40 HP of your health bar. This sucks ass. Try to collect as much MediKits as fuckin possible and run to the edge, giving you a better chance of seeing and shooting them.
- Interval 10/11. Other than in other difficulties they don't simply die with one shot. They take some bullets so I myself took the MP50 from the three dead Replicas after I kicked Fettel in his balls. You'll have 45 "bullets" which will last till the last scene with Alma. But DON'T use it when they are near you. The explosion will kill you.
Some difficult spots:
- End Interval 3/Start Interval 4.
This is a very cheap spot because you have to fight a whole bunch of Replicas and a Heavy Armor at the End of I-3 and they don't replenish your health when starting on I-4. Try to save at least one mine. Once you are down on the ground in I-4 activate SloMo and throw it in front of the door and then take some cover. After you killed 2 or 3 Replicas activate SloMO again and kill the other 2 and then rush into the building. After you gained some energy get out, make a left turn and shoot the Replicas on the ground (if they appear). Have an eye on the right 'cause they might rush.
- In the lift with Alice Wade
I have only one tip: SloMo, shoot 1 or 2, get out and kill the rest. Why? Cause at the first stop there will be a Kevlar and a grenade and at the second stop 2 MediKits. You can skip the third. There is nothing but life draining awaiting you.
- Interval 8: Point of Entry 2
There is a hard 3-combo you'll need to break: 2 Mechs, a bunch of ATC's and an assload of ghosts. It's hard because if you get killed by the ghosts (which is not unlikely) you will have to start with the Mechs again.
Try to shoot the Mechs with a Type 7 from far distance. It is necessarry to save as much health for the ghosts as possible because you will lose about 300 HP there. Now don't rush and only use MediKits when you health falls under 60. Try to save at least 3 or 4 MediKits. If you killed these I think 5-7 ATC's (pay attention, they could rush from the other way cause there are two) get upstairs and grab the health booster. It will completely heal you which saves 2 MediKits. Now you have to face a whole bunch of ghosts. Try to shoot as much as you can and don't get frustrated. I got killed there too and I screamed hard...assholes.
So I think this is it. If there are difficult parts or something and you need tips, just contact me. You can add me as a friend on XboxLive as well.
One last tip: Just don't get frustrated. It is hard but not impossible. Just try and give your best. Good luck ;D