Eat all 5 fruits (Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, Apple, Melon) in one playthrough!+1.9
03 May 2016 03 May 2016
You can abuse the save system to make this achievement very easy (if a bit time consuming). Sorry if this is a little long, I'm trying to make the instructions as clear as possible.
If you are continuing on from the picky eater achievement, you will just need to clear 3 more levels (and survive long enough to get the melon on wave 7). You need to eat a fruit on levels 1,2, 3 OR 4, 5 OR 6, 7 OR 8. I would recommend restarting if you die before reaching wave 4 (which you will already have done if you did picky eater in the same playthrough). And then restarting if you die more than once per wave on waves 4,5, or 6. It's not that hard so you probably don't need to save your progress after every round unless it's giving you a lot of trouble. Every two is probably plenty.
Play the game until you feel like you've made a good amount of progress towards the achievement. Then save and quit and follow the directions below to get a reusable checkpoint. Then keep playing from your checkpoint and try to get a little further and make a new checkpoint. If you mess up, or aren't doing as well as you would like, restore your previous checkpoint and try again. N.B. Your achievement will not actually pop until you go back online.
Personally I cleared each level completely, then saved my progress. It's a personal choice of how much risk vs hassle you want to put up with. You can save your progress after every level.
To “back up” a new checkpoint.
1) Go online if you are offline.
2) Save and quit.
3) Quit the game (hit xbox button, then menu/hamburger button and select quit)
4) Wait a while for it to synch up to the cloud (I would give it 10 to 15 minutes).
5) Load the game.
6) Go offline (If you are sharing your content via swapping home xboxes, you should still be able to play for a certain amount of time even offline, as long as you launch it first. Since the levels in the arcade collection are all pretty short, you should either be at the point where you are ready to go online again in just a few minutes.)
7) Continue to play
To restore your checkpoint
1) Xbox button then menu/hamburger and select manage game.
2) Go to the saved data for your gamertag and hit A, then select “DELETE FROM CONSOLE”. DO NOT SELECT “DELETE EVERYWHERE”.
3) Go online again.
4) Load the game and after the launch screens it will sync your save from the cloud.
5) Once it does this, go offline again, and give it another shot.
To go offline
2) All Settings
4) Network settings
5) Go offline
To go online
1) Open sidebar
2) Go to settings section
3) Select connect to xbox live
4) Go online