Some things to keep an eye out for on your playthrough (I will put the achievements related at the end of the walk through):
- Divine Destiny Cards (x6)
- Keep ALL demon powers
- Keep one copy of each type of weapon
- Keep one copy of each legendary weapon (optional)
- Fool Destiny Cards (x10, each has a different joke on it, prefix has no effect)
- One copy of the highest rarity (usually purple) of each type of Destiny Card
You will want to unlock every location as you come across them, done so by walking directly up to the map exit. Undiscovered areas will have the gateway on the map filled with white, while discovered areas have no filling.
Part 1: Intro
The City Gates Pt 1
As you start the game there will be a cutscene which explains the back story of the game. Basically, you want to find your friend Adrien, a fellow hunter. When you gain control, you will be walked through a closed course explaining the basic controls, and fighting the basic enemy class in the game, spiders. They should not be any problem. After you learn how to wall jump (you can it twice), you’ll be introduced to The Voice. He’s here to stay (unfortunately) regardless of if you listen to him. After that, if you head away from the checkpoint, you can find some spider eggs that will hatch if not killed quickly and a chest you can wall jump to. Go to the bridge, then turn right, between the fence and the building and you will find another chest. After that, cross the bridge. When you reach the gate, you will have to head around to the left and enter the next area, The Fallen Keep.
The Fallen Keep
In this building, you will be taught about combat and consumables. The Voice will ask you to open a box for him. Surprise: skeletons. Mostly designed to overwhelm. You will have to kill them twice, unless you Overkill them (it will say by the damage above them). You’ll get a shotgun afterwards. The dummies are a good place to practice your Split-Timed Shots. You basically just press X once per shot and immediately after it cools down. This, if done correctly will guarantee a Vulnerable effect, which can be effective in defeating bigger enemies from long range. It is signified by a red crosshair beneath the target. Proceed to the next area.
The City Gates Pt 2
In this first courtyard you will fight about 13 spiders. With your shotgun equipped, continuously spam the special Y attack (the Aimed Shot). Every time you kill an enemy with the shot gun this ability recharges instantly. Get 10 consecutive shots in 3 seconds (it’s not very hard, just mash Y), You will unlock: Gunslinger. After they are all dead, climb up the wooden platforms on the east side of the area and go around the right wall and get the chest. Jump down, then proceed to the next area.
Part 2: Finding Adrian
Now you will choose one outfit to better play your playing style, I recommend the Cavalier’s outfit. It gains you Overdrive overtime, and thus does not decay outside of battle. Plus it is useful for some upcoming challenges. After that, you will select your difficulty. Casual is the equivalent of easy, Normal has the option of Hexes at level 12 and Hard has permanently active Hexes. If you pick Hard, you may go back to Normal, but this is irreversible. If you pick Casual or Normal, you can switch between the two freely. Then you will choose if you want your character to be Hardcore or not. There is no major difference, except with Hardcore, you do not share stashes. Once you die you lose your Hardcore status.
This is the main base area of the game. On the left side, you have Damian, who will sell you consumables and weaponry. I recommend maxing out your Health Potions as soon as possible, remember to sell anything you won’t need. Keep an eye out when returning to the Castle for Ambrosia and Aether Vials, they will be useful for challenges. To the far right there is Casimir who will later sell you Destiny Cards. You will see by Damian the Transmutation device, which will unlock at level 16. Go talk to the Queen in the far chamber. Then head the map (the big table) and go the Royal Gardens. If you go to the dummies in the upper areas of the castle, you can unlock Steady Hand Vic by getting 25 consecutive split timed attacks.
The Royal Gardens
Challenges (note that restarting the area will respawn all enemies if you miss one):
- Use 10 Demon Powers: may be semi difficult without the outfit I specified. There are a couple yellow shrines in the area which will fill your overdrive instantly. As you fight through the area you may be able to do it without the outfit I specified. Simply activate 10 demon powers. You will also get a full Overdrive bar from levelling up.
- Slay Spider Eggs (x25): This one is easy to miss. Whenever you find eggs, make them your prime target. Once you kill 25, you’ll have the challenge. There are plenty scattered throughout the area. You just have to kill them before they hatch.
- Slay all Spider Nests in the Labyrinth: The Labyrinth is located in the South-Eastern part of the map, and there are 5 spider nests which you have to kill.
- Slay Argus the Dreaded Mage: Located in the North-West part of the map, After you cross the bridge go to your left and go up one flight of stairs. Then go to your right and you will find Argus
- Slay the Chessmaster: Located in the South-West part of the map, directly across from the hedge maze
Secrets: 3 (Note that I will be specifying their locations by landmarks on the map, found by clicking RS)
1: Located inside a closed-off section in the middle of the hedge maze
2: From the bridge, turn South and ascend the two flights of stairs. Then jump into the garden to your right. Jump down a tier to the north, and you will find the chest.
3: After you cross the bridge, the chest will be inside one of the stone temples on your left side.
If you’re careful or you don’t mind dying, and you don’t use any consumables, you will unlock Abstinence Kills.
If you completed all five challenges, you will unlock: The Five Trials.
Sepulcher of the Damned
- Destroy Burial Urns (70): Simply break 70 of the brown pots scattered throughout the area.
- Overkill Skeletons (15): If you use the Aimed Shot on the shot gun, this should be no problem.
- Slay Monsters with Hammer (30): Using a hammer may also be effective for the previous challenge.
- Find Secrets (2): Described Below
- Slay Monsters without Taking Damage (70): These suck, especially on Hard. Use a shotgun to kill enemies from a distance, this takes a bit of practice and luck, because of the Wraiths. Watch out for the champion skeleton who knows Meteor as well. For this one, the Diamond Demon power will come in handy, as it protects you from damage.
1: After you reach the 2nd to last platform, you should notice a hole in the wall the West, which you can jump through and find the chest.
2: On the final platform, double wall jump off the large stone pillar to the north to land on a elevated section with the other chest.
- Slay Monsters with Ranged Attacks (50): Just use the shot gun to kill 50 enemies. I recommend pairing this with the ‘No Damage” challenge
- Find Secrets (2): Described Below
- Slay Monsters without Using Potions (80): You can die if necessary.
- Slay Monsters within 6 min (80): This is plenty of time to complete this, shouldn't be hard at all
- Slay Monsters without Taking Damage (50): Again. This one isn’t as bad, just be careful of the Forgotten King's pulse; they can hit you from long range. I suggest taking the stairs up to the left, killing those Pyromancers and then making your way to the middle area with two shrines. There should be enough enemies for you to do it
1: From the start, go up the stairs to your left, and there will be a hole in the wall, which you can jump through to find a chest in the corner of the next room.
2: From the start, go up the stairs to the right and at the end of this path jump through the cloudy-looking wall and you will find the other chest
- Slay 5 Monsters with a Single Attack or Demon Power: Easily done with the scythe’s spin attack, hammer's jump-smash attack, Meteor, or Sunray. There is an area way in the North full of Skeletons that makes this pretty easy.
- Slay Ravenous Souls (3): Blue colored Wraith, there are more than 3 in the area.
- Awaken the Restless Dead (7): They are in sarcophagi that you open with A and kill them. There are more than 7 in the area.
- Find Secrets (3): Described below
- Slay Monsters within 2 min (50): Fairly easy, just make your way to the first large room
1: Take the first left you can, and proceed all the way to the checkpoint. Turn around and hug the left wall until you reach a staircase. Go up, then wall jump onto the next platform, where you will find the first chest.
2: Head to the map exit in the middle of the area. Head into the passage on the East of this room and there will be a hole in the Southern wall, through which you will find a chest.
3: Follow the passage from the previous secret all the way to the East until you hit a wall. Jump down to your right and follow the path to the final secret.
- Slay Monsters with Rapier (40): Most effective if you use the Y-charge attack to run through groups of skeletons,
- Find Secrets (3): Described below
- Slay Undead Dancers (8): All are located near secret 3.
- Slay Spectral Binders with Hammer (4): All are located on the main path. It is best to weaken them with another weapon, then finish them off with the hammer.
- Slay monsters without Potions and Demon Powers: You can die if necessary.
1: After the first turn, you will find some stairs leading to the north to the chest.
2: In the room which contains the 3rd turn, you can smash some crates in the North-West to find a chest.
3: When you reach the hole in the broken wall which you must go through, turn to the left first and go down the stairs to find the 3rd chest, along with the Undead Dancers.
Continue through the hole in the wall, follow the path, use the portal, and you will fight Adrien.
Boss Fight: Adrien
He’s easy. He just follows you around and takes a swipe at you with his sword if you stand still. Sometimes he will spawn totems which will drain your health and must be destroyed. Sometimes he will perform an area attack in which beams of light shoot from the sky. I recommend using the shotgun to try and take a shot, then immediately roll away, slowly whittling his health down. After he gets about -50% health, he will summon a few skeletons, he’ll do it again later too. Once he is dead, return to the HUB.
At this point you should probably should have also gotten or just about gotten the following achievements:
Part 3: Apocalypse
After you get back to the Castle, you will find out Irene is missing, so you’re going to go look for her. Head to the Hunting Grounds.
The Hunting Grounds
- Slay Champions (5): There are more than 5 champions, so this shouldn't be too difficult. Here are some you can use.
- 1: Champion Essence of Fire: Located to the North of the map exit to the Devil's Throat
- 2: Champion Undead Pyromancer: Located to the North-East of the map exit to Devil's Throat
- 3: Hangman: Located directly East of Widow's Mine and South of Frostteeth Grotto.
- 4/5: Grieving Widows: Located in the same place as Hangman, spawn after you kill a few enemies.
- Slay Essences of Fire with Ranged Attacks (5): Note that the orbs do not count, only the larger ones. Kill them with the shotgun/grenade launcher
- Slay Essences of Rock with Melee Attacks (8): Note that orbs do not count, only larger ones, Kill with any melee weapon.
- Slay Demon Spiders (2): Both are located near secret 1.
- Find Secrets (4): Described below
1: From the start, you will see a rock path to your right, follow it and jump down at the end into a swamp, where you will find the chest by the East wall
2: Follow the path from the start, and once you reach the two bridges you must cross, you will find the chest on the piece of land between them.
3: From secret 2, hug the west side of the map until you reach another swampy area. The chest is located in the north-west of this swamp, near a health shrine.
4: On a large rock, overlooking a broken bridge, which you passed on the way to secret 3.
5: From secret 4, head North-East until you reach an Overdrive Shrine. You should see the chest inside a small valley to the South-East.
6: From the map exit to Watchtower Ruins, head straight South and wall jump your way to the top of the tall, broken tower to find the chest at the peak
7: From the map exit to Frostteeth Grotto, you should see an island in the swamp to the North-East, where you will find another chest.
8: From the map exit to the Tangle, follow the wall to the West, and you will reach a spot where you can jump across the water to another rock, and follow the path to a chest overlooking the map exit.
If you found all 8 secrets, you will unlock The Curious Hunter.
Have 100 monsters being killed by their peers
The Watchtower Ruins
- Slay Monsters within 2 min (40): Focus on the skeletons, ignore the Champion Wraiths
- Overkill Undead Pyromancers (5): Use bombs, Aimed Shot or a hammer to kill the Pyromancers, there’s a pretty good chance it will overkill them.
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Malice (40): Monsters deal more damage, just clear the building with the hex active.
- Slay Bane: He’s a mini-boss in the last room of this building with the Brutality aura.
- Slay Monsters without Taking Damage or Using Demon Powers: Take your time, make them fight on your terms by forcing them to fight in the corridors. Always keep them on one side of you. It isn’t too hard. It is often easier to try to avoid the Champion Tortured Soul at the beginning, unless you can kill him fast enough to avoid taking damage.
1: In the first room, there is a path leading to the chest in the North-East corner.
2: At the end of the building, you can wall jump up to a platform near the Health Shrine for the chest. It ends up overlooking where you entered.
Head to Frostteeth Grotto.
- Find Secrets (2): Described below
- Slay Essences of Plague with Rapier (2): Kill the green essences with the rapier, there are 3, all along the main path
- Slay Essences within 4 min (5): Just work through the area as fast as possible, and you will eventually kill 5
- Slay Essences with Hex of Pain (5): Simply activate the Hex and start clearing the area.
- Slay Essences without Using Potions or Demon Powers (5): You are allowed to die
1: Where you encounter the first Essence of Plague, wall jump off the stone column onto the rock to the North. Jump up the following platforms to reach the chest.
2: At the end of the dungeon, head to the West side and you should see a small rock path, which after making a couple jumps, will lead you
- Slay Wraiths with Hammer (5): Recommend weakening them with a different weapon first
- Slay Essences of Rock with Melee Attacks(3): Use hammer, sword, rapier or scythe to kill essences of rock
- Find Secrets (5): Described below
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Tenacity (30): Activate the Hex and kill 30 enemies
- Slay Monsters within 4 min (50): Just work as fast as possible, and you'll hit 50 fairly easy
1: Go right at the first path split and follow the path all the way to the end. Wall jump onto the rocks and drop down into the next area where you will find the chest behind some crates on the left wall.
2: From secret 1, start jumping up the rock platforms to the right, and at the highest one, you will find the chest.
3: Take the left path split. Follow the path until you reach the map exit. Next to the wooden crane in this room is a rock wall that looks cloudy, which you can walk through to find the chest.
4: Continue following the path until you reach the broken railroad track, and you will see the chest across the water. Use the rocks to your left to make your way over to it
5: Follow the train track backwards until you reach a a health shrine. Double wall jump to reach the rock platform over looking it and you will find the final chest.
Go to the High Quarter, we will visit the other areas later.
The High Quarter
- Find Secrets (6): Described Below
- Quench Gallows Flames (3):
- 1: Located near secret 1
- 2: Located near secret 4
- 3: Along the rooftops on the path to secret 5
- Slay Bart, Bundy, and Berta: You will find all three directly North of the first checkpoint
- Summon and Slay Evil Lights Hidden Inside Haunted Lanterns (20): Some of the street lights will be glowing green, press A close to them, and it will spawn 3 essences, which you will need to kill. You will have to do this with 7 lights.
- Solve the Mystery of the Haunted Pumpkin: The pumpkin is directly South of the map exit to the Forlorn Chateau, and you will need to activate the pumpkin and then slay all three waves of enemies without dying, or you will have to start over.
1: Start by going forward and once you reach the first larger area, take the path that leads to the left. You will find a platform on your right with 2 Frost Sentinels. Wall jump up there, kill them, then double wall jump using the walls in the corner to reach the first chest.
2: Jump back down and head to the South-West corner of this path, and jump into the forest area, where you will find a chest against the back wall
3: Head to the first check point, then take the path nearby that leads to the left. Once you pass a ramp that leads down on your left side, follow it down and then smash the boxes to find the chest
4: Head to the North-Eastern checkpoint, and start following the path South. Once you reach the black scaffolding on your right, you can double wall jump to reach a balcony, then double wall jump again top reach a roof where you will find the chest.
5: Fro where you find Bart, Bundy and Berta, head West and wall jump between two buildings to reach some roofs, which will lead to a Frost Sentinel. If you jump towards the camera from the Sentinel, you will jump onto a ledge containing the chest. It will be over looking where you fought the three mentioned earlier.
6: From the map exit to the Forlorn Chateau, head directly West through the trees and you will find the chest
- Find Secrets (3): Described Below
- Slay Champions (3): This is a small enough area you shouldn't have any trouble finding them
- Slay Monsters with the Hex of Tenacity (40): At this point, I'm not going to explain the obvious ones anymore
- Slay Monsters with Demon Powers (40)
- Slay the Volkovs with a Scythe (2): the Volkovs are two vampires in the last room of the building.
1: 1F, In the far North-West corner, behind some shelves.
2: 2F, In the a room on the left side of the corridor with Sentinels
3: 2F, In the final room, with the Volkovs
Head back to the HUB.
Travel to the Cemetery Grounds.
- Kill Gargoyles with Ranged Attacks(25): Use a shotgun/mortar/tome
- Slay monsters with Demon powers (20)
- Slay Champions (10)
- Slay Dharin the Dreaded Soul: From secret 6,p follow the West wall to the South and eventually you will encounter him in front of a temple.
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Time, Hex of Tyranny, and Hex of Malice (40)
1: From the start, take the path to left and follow the rock path with the Shard Sentinels. At the end, drop down to the platform to the North for the chest
2: Head all the way to the first check point, then turn around and hug the left wall, jumping up three platforms until you reach a chest overlooking the checkpoint
3: Head across the wooden bridge to the South-East of secret 2. Follow this path to the Southern-most point and jump up the nearby platforms to find a chest
4: From the first checkpoint, head forward, then to the right and jump the fence. Follow this path to the end to find a chest
5: Follow the path north from the checkpoint until you reach an intersection with two sets of stairs on either side. Go up the ones to the left, and you will find a chest hidden in the bushes to the North of this area.
6: From the map exit to the Onion Quarter, head to the far North-West corner of the map and you will find the chest inside a temple
If you buy and equip a legendary weapon from GeBan (located on the same platform as secret 6, can purchase after killing him):
If you've been selling all your items you don't need:
- Cleanse Infected Grain Sacks Across the Slums (8): Some sacks are glowing green. Simply press A and step on the mites
- Slay Monsters with 2 Active Hexes (30)
- Slay Vampire Thralls in 1 min 30 sec (12): You can do this within the first 2 platforms, if you do not go across the bridge
- Slay Scyther in the Rye: In the same field as secret 3
- Slay Boneclack: After you cross the bridge, head straight East until you reach a temple, and you will find him
1: On the 2F of the building with the map exit to Smuggler's Stash. Wall jump off the building to the North onto the balcony to reach it
2: On the West side of the building to the North of secret 1
3: From the map exit to the Merchant Quarter, follow the path to the South until you can turn right into a grassy field, and the chest will be in the North of it
4: From secret 3, continue following the path to the South until you reach the U-turn in the road, and you can walk through the trees to the South to find the chest
5: To the South of where you fight Boneclack (see location above) you can wall jump onto a rock platform, and then up a few more to reach the map exit to Whispering Burrows. Turn North and you will see the chest located on a slightly lower platform
6: On the North side of the building with the map exit to the Defiled Chapel
7: From the map exit to the Ossuary, head directly North and through the tree pathway to reach a rock which you can wall jump onto to reach the chest and a Double Damage Shrine
This area is a great location to unlock Slashing Pumpkins.
- Slay the Archivist in 45 sec without Demon Powers or Potions: Just run past all the enemies and start assaulting the Archivist. He's hard to miss, since he blocks your path
- Slay Monsters in 4 min with Hex of Tenacity(50)
- Slay Monsters with 3 Active Hexes (70)
- Overkill Wraiths: I recommend weakening a Wraith to about 5-10% health, then using a bomb to finish them. You could also use the hammers jump attack. If you die in the last Wraith battle (with like 10 of them) it will respawn them all, so you have pretty much infinite chances
- Slay the Screeching Calamity within 6 min: You basically have to finish the large Wraith fight, mentioned above, within 6 minutes. Once again I recommend running past all of the other enemies
1: After you fight the first Champion reaper, there is a bookshelf to your left. Press A next to the candle on the right side of the bookshelf to create a gap you can jump through. In here is the chest.
Return to the HUB then head to the Den of the Broodmother.
Den of the Broodmother
- Slay Monsters with Lava Creeper's Death-Blast (15): There are several spider nest which spawn them, so if you are really running low, you can always spawn some from the nests
- Slay Spider Nests (10)
- Slay Spider Matrons (5)
- Find Secrets (2): See below
- Slay Spiders with Melee Attacks (500): Seems like a lot, but it's not. If it really comes down to it, if you die in the Broodmother fight, it will respawn all the spiders in that lower area
1: When you reach the area with the buildings, head up into the second level, and wall jump off a pillar, then use the next pillar to wall jump across the gap. Over here is a chest behind the large rock.
2: On the South side of the platform where you fight the Broodmother is a chest.
Boss Fight: Mordra The Broodmother
Hope you like spiders! The trick to this fight is to damage the Broodmother as little as possible, and attempt to clear out all of the eggs/spiders. The reason for this, is once the Broodmother loses a sufficient amount of health, two or three Champion Gargantuan Spiders will spawn, and they know Pull (Demon Power). If you get hit by a Pull attack, and you are surrounded by enemies, you're almost guaranteed to die within seconds. Once all the spiders/spider eggs are destroyed, you shouldn't have too hard of time with the Broodmother and her Champions. Be wary of the Champions, nonetheless, because a Pull attack still can have a pretty high chance of killing you.
This location is great for a LOT of the random achievements:
Have 100 monsters being killed by their peers
Kill 100 enemies using the Lava Creeper's Death Blast to get this one.
Do 5 special Y attacks in 3 seconds and the achievement is yours. The best way is to maximize your critical hit chance, because the ability instantly recharges upon critical hits. If you can get your hands on a lucky rabbit's foot, this is a piece of cake, otherwise just put destiny cards that increase critical chance.
In order to get this, you will need to preform 8 B-button attacks within 4 seconds. Every time you get a kill with the Y-attack, it recharges. Alternate between the two quick, enough, and you will get it. Alternatively, you can use an Ambrosia to instantly recharge your B-button attack.
The Broodmother will launch green slime bombs occasionally, and these release several Mites. Let them congregate, and step on 10 within 5 seconds.
With a mortar, get 10 direct hits. Easy, if you let a lot of Spiders build up.
If you let enough of them pile up, these three are fairly easy. I recommend using Shockwave or Sunray.
Head to the Mausoleum of bones.
Mausoleum of Bones:
- Slay the Seven Dwarves: These are just 7 Champion Undead Berserkers. They aren't very hard to find, you should encounter them all if you get all of the secrets/challenges
- Slay Skeletons within 7 min (200): If you ignore Vail and target only lesser enemies, this is pretty easy.
- Slay Vail without Demon Powers or Shrines: Potions are allowed, so this isn't extremely hard
- Slay Vail within 2 min: Start by ignoring Vail, and head into the gap in to wall to the left of the Health Shrine behind him. Kill the skeletons, and double wall jump between the walls at the end, an land on the section in the middle of the map. His Phylactery (green, glowing box) is here, and two Champion Shard Sentinels. Grab the Double Damage Shrine, and kill all tree of them as fast as possible. One the box is destroyed, Vail with teleport to you, and spawn a ton of enemies. The tricky part here is not dying, but if you do so, you can easily do it within 2 minutes.
- Slay Vail with 5 Active Hexes
1: From the start, take the first left and then head to the South West corner and you can walk through the Southern wall here to reach a chest
2: From the start, take the first rate and head down this path until you can walk underneath a wooden platform to your right. Follow this path and you will reach the chest
3: After you jump down from secret 2, head directly West until you reach the Overdrive Shrine. Head to the South-West corner of this room and double wall jump in the samll hallway between the two rooms to reach the chest on the right,
Boss Fight: Vail the Immortal
Vail is a vampire with only two attacks. The first is a column of fire attack, which you've likely seen before now. The other is when he spawns a ton of projectiles which circle him for a while and then head to two points in the area, in an attempt to target you. When Vail 'dies' he runs to his Phylactery, where he will slowly regain his health. Thus, you must destroy his Phylactery before you can truly slay him.
Head to the Tangle.
- Slay Monsters (20)
- Slay Rachnoss the Host within 3 min
- Slay Rachnoss the Host without Potions or Shrines
- Slay Rachnoss the Host with 2 Active Hexes
- Slay Rachnoss the Host Above 80% Health without Potions: Just play it safe and take your time, be especially careful of the Icecrawlers during the fight.
1: From the start, without jumping down any platforms, head to the right and you can find a chest by the rock pillar
2: Located on the South-West corner of the arena where you fight Rachnoss.
Boss Fight: Rachnoss the Host
He has two attacks, a smash attack and a barrage of ice bombs. In order to beat him, you will have to break the four rock columns in the arena and make him fall. There are three waves of enemies during the fight, two are ranged Icecrawlers and one is Lava Creepers. In order to beat him quickly, you want to make him fall and then hit him with a lot of Lava Creeper explosions. Additionally, if you he is on the ground, you can cause another column to collapse on him, doing a hefty amount of damage.
Head to the Merchant Quarter.
- Slay Just a Gargoyle: It's a Champion Gargoyle, located at the map exit the Collector's Residence
- Slay 5 Thralls with a Single Attack or Demon Power
- Slay Vampire Acolytes with Ranged Attacks and Hex of Time Active (10)
- Slay Monsters without Using Any Potions, Shrines or Demons Powers (20)
- Overkill Champions (5). Try to get all your cards to roll for damage. The Executioner is a great card for this, so are critical damage boost cards, if you're good with split timing shotgun attacks. Tyrants appear to work for this type of Champion challenge.
1: From the start, descend the first couple flights of stars, then wall jump from the building in front of you to land on the balcony to your right, then jump down into the garden and break some barrels to reach the chest
2: From the map exit to the Reformatory, there is a path through the trees and rocks to the Eats where you can find the chest by a large tree
3: Inside the tower on the platform where you fight Geban
4: Located in the building located across from the map exit to the Gauntlet
5: From the map exit to the Cessways (not the one by Geban) there will be a building to the North on your left containing the chest.
Continue to the Heart of Frost.
Heart of Frost
- Slay Monsters using the Scythe with Hex of Tenacity Active (50)
- Slay Monsters with Bombs (15)
- Slay Monsters using Bombardier Spider's Attacks with Hex of Malice Active (15)
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Tyranny and Hex of Time Active (50)
- Slay Monsters while Above 50% Health with Hex of Pain Active (40)
1: After you reach the checkpoint, take the West path and you can find the chest in a cave to the North
After you return to the HUB, is a boss fight
Boss Fight: Apocalypse
Apocalypse only has a few attacks himself. One is a sweeping attack which covers about half the arena. One is where he will create numerous fire projectiles and launch them at you. His only other "attack" is the ability to switch the direction of the fiery AoE line in the middle of the area from North-South to East-West. After a ways into the fight, he will start spawning Champion Wraiths of different type to attack. Upon killing one, Apocalypse will become stunned for several seconds. The best way is to actually fight the Champions, not ignore them. They will just pile up otherwise.
Some other achievements you should have gotten or almost gotten by now are:
Before moving on with the story, we're gonna finish up what available areas we have.
The Devil's Throat
- Slay Monsters with Lava Creeper's Death-Blast (10)
- Slay Monsters with Bombardier Spider's Attack (5)
- Slay Essences with Hex of Time (10)
- Slay Chromatic Essences with Melee Attacks (10)
- Slay Essences without Using Potions or Shrines (5)
1: On the large, downward-sloping platform, you can walk through the hazy wall to the left of where you encounter two Essences of Lightning
2: On the East side of the platform where you fight the Chromatic Essences.
If you've gotten all secrets/challenges so far
Hard to Challenge
Complete all normal challenges in 20 different locations in Zagoravia
- Slay Spiders with TNT (10): These are the barrels on the sides of the map, the have about a 5 second detonation time
- Slay Spiders with Bombardier Spider's Attacks (20)
- Slay Spiders with Lava Creeper's Death-Blasts (20)
- Slay Demon Spiders within 3 minutes (4)
- Slay Spiders without Using Potions, Shrines or Demon Powers (70)
1: You can jump up some platforms to the left of the wooden door in the small area with a few Spider Nests
2: After you've looped around the entire area, use the pillar to wall jump to where the Bombardier Spider is and there chest is there too
Dead Light Quarry
- Destroy 100 Objects
- Slay Monsters with Bombs (20)
- Slay Sentinels with Swords (10)
- Slay Essences of Lightning with Lightning Gun (7)
- Slay Monsters with 3 Active Hexes (30)
1: Head directly right from the entrance
2: After passing the large wall of crates, it is to your right, you will have to jump up several platforms
3: Still on the outer ring, where the path has a platform on either side, you can see a stone arch over your head. You can use some rock platforms to your left to jump up there. This on the West side of the map
4:The Southern point of the lowest-level platform
5: Located in the very center of the area, inside a slightly depressed area.
- Slay Eisen the Youngest: He is Champion Forgotten King located by the map exit that isn't the one you came in at, you will have to kill a few waves of enemies before he will appear
- Slay Essences of Magic with Ranged Attacks (4)
- Slay Essences of Plague with Melee Attacks (4)
- Slay Monsters with 3 Active Hexes (50)
- Slay Monsters without Using Shrines or Demons Powers (40)
1: Head across the bridge directly north of the entrance. The right wall of this room, just north of the stairs to your right, you can jump through and you will find a secret at the end of this path
2: From the start, head down the stairs to your left. In the left wall of this lowered area, is another wall you can jump through. It is directly South of the statue in the back left
- Find Secrets (2): Described below
- Slay Essences with Hex of Time (20)
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Tyranny (80)
- Slay Monsters without Potions or Demon Powers (50)
- Slay Monsters within 5 min 20 sec without Using Shrines (100)
1: On the second platform, there is a part of the left wall you can walk through, it is covered by ivy. In this secret area, you will have to jump down then wall jump up to the other platform, and the chest will be on here.
2: On the platform after the arena fight, you can once again walk through an ivy covered wall to your left
- Find Secrets (3): Described below
- Slay Monsters with 3 Active Hexes (55)
- Slay Essences of Plague with Hammer while Hex of Tenacity is Active (4)
- Slay Essences with Lightning Gun (10)
- Slay Monsters within 5 min with 2 Active Hexes (100)
1: To the left of the first Health Shrine, there are some rock platforms you can jump up
2: At the path split take a right and the chest will be by a Champion Undead Brute
3: Once you reach the exit, turn around and the chest will be located on the right side behind some rock columns
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Time (30)
- Slay Monsters while above 50% Health without Potions (30)
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Malice and Hex of Pain (30)
- Slay Lord Valeri
- Slay the Cook within 45 sec without Using Potions
1: Far North-Western room on the 2nd Floor
2: Far South-Eastern corner of the 2nd Floor, directly of what seems to be North from where you enter
- Find Secrets (3): Described Below
- Overkill Skeletons (50)
- Slay 40 Monsters with a Single Attack or Demon Power: There are two large rooms in this location, and either of these should work for this, I recommend using the Boomerang or Shockwave Demon Powers
- Slay 100 Monsters with Demon Powers in 3 min
- Slay Monsters within 4 min with 2 Active Hexes (150)
1: As you pass an open cell on your left, wall jump into the room on your right
2: After the large room with a ton of Skeletons, and you see a large pile of dirt on your left, wall jump into the room on your right again
3: In the room after the Double Damage Shrine, there is a hole in the wall to your left, through it is the last secret
The Smuggler's Stash
- Slay Monsters within 2 min (40)
- Slay Monsters with Ranged Attacks within 2 min (30)
- Slay Champions within 1 min 30 sec (2)
- Slay Monsters within 2 min without Using Potions or Demon Powers (30)
- Slay Monsters within 2 min with 3 Active Hexes (40)
1: In the final room of the building there is a hole in the left wall you can jump through
- Destroy 20 objects in 2 min
- Slay Monsters with Demon Powers (30)
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Malice and Hex of Time (45)
- Slay Juliet with Lava Creeper's Death-Blast: They spawn when you activate the Double Damage Shrine
- Slay Monsters in 3 min without Using Potions (45)
1: In the room with the Double Damage Shrine, you can jump through the wall behind it and you will find the chest
The Collector's Residence
- Slay Monsters with Shot Gun (20)
- Slay Monsters with Demon Powers (15)
- Slay 5 Monsters with a Single Attack or Demon Power
- Slay Vampires within 1 min 30 sec (5)
- Slay Monsters with 5 Active Hexes (30)
1: Located in the room with the Essence of Magic and a few Lava Creepers
- Open Valves and slay Living Miasma (4): There are pipes with valves on some of the walls, and at the tops you can see green liquid flowing, Press A near them and they will release Champion Essences of Plague
- Slay Reapers with Hex of Tenacity (5)
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Tyranny, Hex of Time and Hex of Malice (55)
- Slay Morenth the Voiceless within 45 seconds with Hex of Malice
- Slay Tamas Murkvenom within 1 min 30 sec
1: From the start, hug the right wall, and you will find a small gap where the secret is.
2: In the Northern wing of this area, there is another small gap in the left wall where the other secret is.
- Find Secrets (3): Described Below
- Slay Champions with Sword (5)
- Slay Monsters without Using Potions (60)
- Slay Monsters within 4 min (80)
- Slay Vondrak within 2 min
1: In the room right before you go down the third flight of stairs.
2: In the first cell on you right when you enter the same hall as the exit.
3: In the room to the right of the exit.
- Find Secrets (2): Described below
- Reach the End of the Corridor within 30 sec without Taking Any Damage or Using Demon Powers: This is the worst of all the challenges, in my opinion. It's not skill based in any way, just on luck and the ability to spam buttons. You need a Rapier. You have to use the Y dash attack to get yourself around the first corner, use an Ambrosia to refresh the cooldown and then use the Y dash attack again to reach the end. The problem is that the dash will not get you far enough, so you have to walk into the corridor a bit to make it. The luck is all based on when the Sentinels activate. Sometimes it's before you even start the hallway (you won't make it) or when you reach the corner (If you still have a Y dash, you will make it).
- Slay Cadavros without Using Potions, Shrines or Demon Powers
- Slay Shard Sentinels with Ranged Attacks (6)
- Slay Monsters within 1 min and 30 sec with Hex of Tyranny, Hex of Tenacity and Hex of Time (20)
1: Located in the room the opposite of the room Cadavros is in, you can walk through the wall. This is a great place to camp and kill Cadavros with a Mortar.
2: Double wall jump into the room on your right after the first turn, just as you enter the corridor.
By now you should've finished all available levels and have 165 stars and 97 secrets
Head to the Royal Crypt
Part 4: The End
Just head to the very back, the map will guide you.
Well of Worlds
- Find Secrets (3): Described Below
- Slay Monsters without Using Potions or Demon Powers (100)
- Slay Monsters with a Single Hit (50)
- Overkill Monsters with Hex of Tenacity (40)
- Slay Dark Knights with 3 Active Hexes (3): The best way to do this is active the portal, then run around and not die. Once the portal s full activated, then kill all the enemies, so then it will not continues to spawn more
1. After the first bridge, you can wall jump up to the platform above your head to the right find a chest
2. After the second bridge, you can find the next chest by going under the collapsed stone pillar directly in front of you.
3. The final chest is located at the very end of the pathway, you will have to jump over the edge, but a platform will be created to catch you.
- Find Secrets (2): Described below
- Slay Seth: Located through the portal near secret 1
- Slay Cruel: Located near secret 2
- Slay Wa-Lee the Solicitor while Above 60% Health: Play it extra careful and be gracious with your potions during the fight
- Slay Wa-Lee the Solicitor with Hex of Malice, Hex of Time and Hex of Pain
1: On the second platform, you can follow a path to the right, which will form as you go along. After you reach the next platform, jump up some rocks to reach a chest near a teleporter.
2: On the platform before you jump down to the largest one, head to the right and follow the path. Wall jump onto a rock with a teleporter and go through it to find the chest.
Boss Fight: Wa-Lee the Solicitor
Fairly easy boss, just takes some longevity. He has various Demon Powers and will spawn Demon Seeds a couple times. I'm not going to go into detail much, because I don't feel it's necessary for this boss. The waves of enemies he will spawn are:
Wave 1: Demon Seeds: Lesser Essences (x2)
Wave 2: Demon Seeds: Spiders (x3)
Wave 3: Champion Essences of Plague (x3)
Once he is dead, head back to the Castle and talk to the Queen. Then you will be able to fast travel to The Steam Quarter.
Steam Quarter Pt. 1
- Slay Vampires with Sword (20)
- Slay Champions (10)
- Slay Gargoyles with Hammer while Hex of Tenacity is Active (20)
- Slay Vampire Kings with Demon Powers (2)
- Slay Vampires with Hex of Time and Hex of Malice Active (30)
1: Follow the path straight North until you hit a building, then wall jump onto the building to your right to find the chest.
2: When you reach the map exit to the Junction, you can turn around and head north and find the chest at the dead end in a cubby behind the stairs to your right
- Slay Shard Sentinels within 1 min (3)
- Slay Monsters within 2 min (10)
- Slay Monsters within 2 min with 4 Active Hexes (10)
- Slay Monsters within 2 min without Using Potions or Demon Powers (10)
- Slay Monsters while Above 80% Health within 4 min without Using Potions (10)
1: This is a very small, linear area. When you reach the last part, with a Health and Double Damage Shrine, the secret (1) is located behind some crates in the corner which you will have to smash. Once you are done here, take the map exit you did not enter through back to the Steam Quarter.
Steam Quarter Pt. 2
3: After you descend the stairs from the walk way, head straight West and you will find a chest hidden behind some breakable crates in a corner
4: On the building to the West of the Southern checkpoint, you can wall jump off the building to the East to reach the roof.
Before we fight Gabriel, we will finish off the other locations.
- Slay Viscount Mornai within 1 min
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Malice, Hex of Tenacity and Hex of Time (100)
- Overkill Monsters within 3 min (50)
- Slay Monsters while Above 60% Health within 3 min without Using Demon Powers (80)
- Slay Monsters without Taking Damage and without using Demon Powers (40) : Camp in the initial hallway and let the spiders come to you, since none of them have ranged attacks. This method works good for the other challenges as well.
1: Located in a large box in the room to the North of the room where the Demon Spider spawns
2: Located in the room to the West of the room where the Demon Spider spawns, you can walk through the wall of this room
The Deep Mines
- Find a Secret: Described below
- Slay Dark Knights with Hex of Tenacity (4)
- Slay Essences with Hex of Time (10)
- Slay Monsters with Hex of Tyranny (50)
- Slay Monsters without Using Potions with Hex of Malice Active (50)
1: Near the checkpoint at the end of the mine is a waterfall, and the chest is behind the waterfall
The Shunned Manor
- Slay Lesser Gargoyles with a Single Hit (20)
- Slay Spiders with Demon Powers (5)
- Slay Dead Timmy: Found at secret 3
- Slay Vampire Knights within 10 min (4)
- Slay Fester the Butler without Dying: Found right before the end of the area
1: From the first checkpoint jump onto the small wall to the South, then jump down behind the fence. Drop down another level to find the chest
2: From the checkpoint follow the path East until you reach the locked gate that was blocking your way at the beginning. Jump over the fence to the North and stick close to the stone wall as you head West and you will find the chest
3: After you reach the dining hall, you can go out the doors to the West and follow this area until you can find a chest at a dead end to your right.\
- Find Secrets (3)
- Slay Miscreations with Shotgun (30): These are the monsters in the tanks by the South-Eastern Arena. To spawn them, you have to go up to the green buttons and press A and it will spawn 4-8 enemies per button.
- Slay Vampiric Totems with Hand Mortar (12)
- Slay Lord Gabriel with 3 Active Hexes
- Slay Lord Gabriel without Dying and without Using Shrines
Boss Fight: Lord Gabriel
Finally, it's almost over. Gabriel has three phases:
Phase 1: Takes place in a single arena, Gabriel will shoot homing projectiles at you mostly. Occasionally he will also spawn Vampiric Totems which slowly drain you of health. This is mostly a survival fight
Phase 2: Gabriel is undamageable. You must kill Aether Guardians and break the Aether Traps (x3) in order to enter phase 3
Phase 3: Same as Phase 1, but after you break his Totems, he releases three consecutive shockwave blasts, which you can jump easily because they are slow moving
Once he is dead, we can go find the secrets
1: From the Westernmost arena, head South and the chest will be on a raised platform with some bookshelves
2: To the far West of the area with all of the Monsters in tanks
3: Directly across the rock bridge to the North-West of the Northernmost arena
If you played on Hard:
If you didn't die at all:
If you've gotten all of the challenges/secrets so far:
If you've reached level 50:
If you played on Hard you likely got these. If not, activate 5 hexes, go to the Den of the Broodmother and start wasting Spiders because 15,000 kills is a lot.
Make 2500 kills with 5 active Hexes
In order to get this one you may also have to enter the 3 fighting arenas (The Freakshow, Bottomless Pit, and Cauldron of Chaos).
This one takes a bit of work. You first need a Legendary Weapon (purple). Then go to the Transmutation station in the HUB. Put the legendary item as the base (using X). Now on the right side, you will see 4 green bars, all of which need to be filled. The first bar is filled by combining your Legendary weapon with three others. You want the one you are upgrading to be in the X slot. Then fill the lower three spots (A button) with whatever Legendary items you are sacrificing. The second bar requires sets of three purple Destiny Cards, the best way to get them is through Casimir. The third and fourth bar require Demon Powers, and specific kinds, represented by icons to the left of the bars. They can be of any rarity, so long as they are the right Power. I will include the best grinding locations for each power below. Once each bar is completely filled, you will get the achievement.
Best (my opinion) Farming Locations for Demon Powers:
- Berserk Aura: Lifeless House, 2nd Floor. Champion Flame Sentinel.
- Blink: Mausoleum of Bones. From the start, ignore Vail, head up all the flights of stairs to the left of the Health Shrine. Mili (Champion Undead Berserker).
- Boomerang: Royal Gardens. Located in the North-Eastern corner of the maze. Champion Frostcrawler.
- Dark Mist: The Cessways. Located immediately to your left, Champion Vampire Lurker.
- Diamond: Watchtower Ruins, first large room. Champion Tortured Soul.
- Sanguine Aura: Royal Gardens. Western part of the area. Chessmaster (Champion Gargantuan Spider).
- Meteor: Sepulcher of the Damned. At the top of the first set of steps. Champion Skeleton.
- Pull: Lifeless House. First room. The Cook (Champion Undead Brute).
- Purging Flame: Defiled Chapel. First hallway. Champion Reaper.
- Shockwave: High Quarter. End of the area, Mystery of the Pumpkin. Mo the Annoying (Champion Undead Berserker).
- Sunray: Cemetery Grounds (x2 by each other). From the start, keep to the far left of the area. By a tree, there are 3 Forgotten Kings. Kill them and two Champion Gargoyles will spawn.
- Time Bubble: Befouled Tomb. Up the stairs to the left of the start. Champion Undead Pyromancer.
If you’ve had and equipped 6 Divine Destiny Cards simultaneously, you will have gotten this achievement.
If you have obtained all 10 different “The Fool” cards (each has a different joke), then you will have also gotten this achievement.
If you have gotten a Legendary Weapon called the “Chicken Cannon”, all you must do is fire is 250 times to unlock this achievement.
In order to get this achievement, you must do is reach 250 armor, even if only for a second. Some things you may do to increase your armor are:
- Equip an Outfit with higher armor
- Use the Sanguine Aura Demon Attack (+100 armor)
- Equip Destiny Cards (The Bastion, The Knight, The Smith)
- Use a Barkskin Potion (+100 armor)
- Use the Scythe’s Spin Attack (+100 armor)
Defeat Adrian The Fallen with a party of 4 in Multiplayer
In order to get this achievement, you must have 4 active players. You do NOT have to be in the same area at the same time. I was the only one who fought Adrian and I still got it. The others could even be in the Castle, two of mine were. Overall, you could likely join a random game and with a bit of luck, get this without a coordinated group. All players must be able to access the Weeping Halls, however.