We will start the game as a small girl with a red bow in her hair. Her name is Roh and she just woke up in her bedroom.
- Walk to the bottom of her room and exit through the door (by pressing , this will not be mentioned when moving to different locations further along this walkthrough).
- Walk to the left, past the blue sofa to see a bookshelf. Interact with this bookshelf by pressing (which will not be mentioned from this point onwards) to find a Door Key.
- Walk to the right, past the blue sofa and the stairs to see a door. Stand in front of this door and go to your inventory by pressing or , selecting your backpack and pressing . Select the Door Key by using or and select this item by pressing . The process of picking items from your inventory will not be explained in this walkthrough from this point onwards. Unlocking the door will net you this achievement:
- Walk along the foggy road and interact with the grey cloaked thing. Mash to go through the dialogue as fast as possible (which I will not mention again in this walkthrough). For future references, this creature’s name is Kubi:
After finishing the dialogue with Kubi you will unlock:
- After the dialogue with Kubi, walk back along the foggy road for about the distance of one screen and enter the path on the left.
- Walk along this path until you see a house. Walk up the stairs and interact with the window.
- Also interact with the door of this house.
- As nothing happened, walk down the stairs and head right along the path and head back to the road. However, suddenly the door of the house will have opened up!
- Head to the left, up the stairs and interact with the door of the house. Inside you will automatically interact with this character ‘floating above the floor’ named Akira:
After finishing the dialogue with Akira you will unlock:
- After talking to Akira, interact with the sink on the right side of the house to unlock:
- Exit the house through the door and head back to the foggy road.
- Mash through another dialogue with Kubi (the gray cloaked creature).
- After the dialogue head back to the path leading towards Akira’s house.
- Walk past the notices and head upwards in between two segments of fence (before reaching the house).
- Interact with trash to find a Picture. Taking this item will unlock:
- Head back to the foggy road. Instead of walking towards Kubi, walk down until you reach the building.
- Interact with moving red object to receive a Ribbon. Taking this item will unlock:
- Head back up the foggy road and go left to the path.
At this point you should make a save of your progress so far. Go to the menu by pressing or and select the save icon by using !
- Walk along the path, go through the door and select the Picture from your inventory when close to Akira. This will automatically lead to a dialogue with the ‘floating’ character. After this conversation you will unlock:
- Leave the house by interacting with the door. Before walking down the stairs, interact with the window to unlock another achievement:
- Head right along the path and go back to the foggy road. Head up towards Kubi.
- Left from Kubi there is a pile of debris. Select the Picture from your inventory next to the debris and you will automatically start a conversation with Kubi. After this dialogue you will wake up in your bedroom and the first chapter has been completed, unlocking this achievement:
It can't be heard by those who can't hear it.
Before starting the second chapter, we need to reload the save we made earlier. Go to the menu, select the gear (the option on the right) and select ‘Quit’ in the given menu. Pick your preferred language and click on ‘Continue’ in the menu.
- Walk to the right and head back to the foggy road. Walk upwards to Kubi and head towards the debris (where we just placed the Picture in to end the chapter). Instead, this time we are going to select the Ribbon from the inventory to start the conversation with Kubi. After the dialogue you will wake up in your bedroom, ending the first chapter once more and unlocking this achievement:
- Leave your bedroom by interacting with the door.
- Walk all the way through the living room, past the bookshelf, and interact with the Back Door to enter a street with Asian looks and music. Just reaching this place will unlock this achievement:
- Interact with the Magazine Rack underneath the cat and the lit window to unlock another achievement:
- From the Magazine Rack, head left past the red signs above the entrance to the shop. Interact with the colourful Fireworks to take F.Crackers (being firecrackers).
- Walk back towards the Magazine Rack, but before reaching that head inside.
When you are inside a Phone will ring. You will automatically walk towards the phone and pick it up. This will unlock another achievement:
- Head back to the entrance of the building and walk around the big set of stairs. On top of the shelves in the back you will see something glowing. Stand on the right side of the shelves underneath a television and interact with the step ladder. This causes the ladder to position itself underneath the glowing object.
- Stand underneath the shelves while facing towards the glowing object. Interact with the shelves to receive a Lighter.
- Head back towards the entrance, but now go up the stairs to reach a hall.
- Head slightly to the left and interact with the photo frames on the wall to unlock another achievement:
- Head left and interact with the door to enter the room.
- Interact with the window to notice ‘Mr. Kitty’. Roh will notice the cat holds a key in his/her hands. This will unlock:
You could try calling it?
- Head left one square to reach the stove.
- Select F.Crackers from your inventory to set up something which seems like a bad idea.
- Select the Lighter from your inventory to wake up Mr. Kitty. You will automatically take a safe distance from the fireworks. This caused the cat to drop the keys and will unlock another achievement:
- Head back to the hall, past the photo frames to reach the stairs. Go down the stairs and head back outside.
- Interact with the glowing object on the street to receive a S. Key (storage key). This will also unlock:
- Go back inside, head up the stairs and head straight ahead to reach the storage room.
- Select the S. Key from your inventory to enter the storage room. Inside this room we will meet Minikui:
- Go through the dialogue with Minikui to unlock another achievement:
- After Minikui leaves the room, interact with the toilet in the top right of the room. This will add a M.Hole Bar (manhole bar) to your inventory.
- Go back to the hall and head down the stairs. Head outside and follow the street while walking towards the right. Select the M.Hole Bar from your inventory next to the manhole (blue disc-like object on the top right).
- Interact with the manhole to enter the sewers and unlock another achievement:
- Inside the sewers, walk upwards to meet Kokai:
- After the dialogue with Kokai, head down and interact with the ladder to get back to the street.
- Interact with the power box (directly right of the magazine rack) to shut the power off.
- Head inside the shop, go up the stairs and walk left in the hall.
- Interact with the photo frames once more to receive a photo.
- Walk through the door on the left of the photo frames and head to the top right of the room. Interact with the television to receive P.Cable (power cables).
- Leave the room by interacting with the door, walk along the hall and enter the storage room once more. Interact with Minikui for another dialogue.
- After the dialogue Minikui will leave the room.
- Go back to the hall, head down the stairs and go outside to reach the street yet again.
At this point we will be saving our progress once more!
- Go through the manhole to enter the sewers and walk towards Kokai. On the left side of this character there is a broken TV.
- Select the P.Cable from your inventory when next to the broken TV.
- Head down the sewers and interact with the ladder to reach the street.
- Interact with the power box next to the magazine rack once more to unlock another achievement:
- Interact with the manhole to enter the sewers. Head up and start a new dialogue with Kokai. At this point your game will end, unlocking this achievement:
- Pick a language and select ‘Continue’ in the menu to reload your save and reappear in the streets.
- Interact with the manhole to enter the sewers once more. Heading upwards automatically starts a conversation with Kokai and Minikui.
- After the dialogue finishes, move a bit closer to Minikui and select the Photo from your inventory. This will start another conversation with Kokai and Minikui. After this conversation you will wake up in your bedroom for the third chapter, unlocking this achievement:
- Interact with the door to leave your bedroom.
- In the living room, walk towards the left and interact with the sink (before reaching the back door). By doing this you will appear on a boat while unlocking this achievement:
- Head up along the left side of the boat to see another glowing object.
- Interact with ??? to acquire a F.Rod (fishing rod).
- Head back down. When passing down the stairs walk right and head up along the right side of the boat until you reach a red oil barrel.
- Select F.Rod from your inventory to receive an Old key from the oil barrel.
- Walk back downwards along the right side of the boat and take the first possibility to the left. In between 2 buoys you can enter the cabin. Here we will meet Shojo:
Mashing through the dialogue will unlock another achievement:
Talking to Shojo for the first time will also give you the L.Bar Key.
- On the right of Shojo is another glowing object. Interact with this object to receive an E.Bottle (empty bottle).
- Interact with the door at the bottom of the room to leave the cabin.
- Below the cabin you will notice some red railing. Slightly to the right there is a passage with a lock on it. Select the L.Bar Key from your inventory to open the lock and enter the hull.
- Down in the hull you will automatically start a conversation with a blue character who is down here named Umbi:
After the dialogue you will unlock another achievement:
- Interact with Umbi once more to make sure you had all dialogue options with this character. Pay attention that you have only depleted all the options of dialogue when you end up seeing only 3 lines of text when interacting with Umbi.
- Walk slightly to the left and interact with the glowing object named ???. This will add a Crowbar to your inventory.
- Continue the path to the left and upwards to see a box in front of a hole in the wall. This box is mentioned as a ‘create’, which most likely should be a ‘crate’.
- Select the Crowbar from your inventory to destroy the create.
- Go through the hole behind the create and follow the path.
- When you reach the gate, select the Old Key from your inventory to open it.
- On the top right in the room behind the gate you can see some rum barrels. Select E. Bottle from your inventory to fill it up, adding Rum in your inventory.
At this point we will be saving our progress once more!
- Interact with the gate switch directly above the gate that you have just opened up.
- Interact with the gate switch a few more times to end the game. This will unlock another achievement:
- Pick your preferred language, select ‘Continue’ and reappear next to the gate you have just opened.
- Walk to the left and head back towards Umbi. If you are having trouble finding the way back to the hole in the wall (like me), simply follow the plank downwards that is exactly in the middle of the two wooden barrels on the right:
- After walking past Umbi, interact with the ladder and head towards the cabin. Interact with Shojo to start another dialogue. Mashing through the dialogue will unlock another achievement:
At this point we will be saving our progress once more!
- Interact with the door and head back down to the hull.
- Interact with Umbi to start another conversation. After this conversation you will end up on an island with a lighthouse, successfully ending the third chapter and unlocking another achievement:
Chapter 4 (the good ending)
Once the cutscenes have ended, the first thing that will happen is that another achievement will unlock:
- Walk upwards and interact with the door of the lighthouse.
- Inside the lighthouse you will automatically enter a conversation with L. Jacket:
- After this dialogue, walk upwards and interact with the ladder. Upstairs you will meet another character named Muma:
After mashing through the dialogue with Muma you will wake up in your bedroom once more. This will also unlock another achievement:
Credits will roll as you just witnessed ‘the good ending’. After the credits have finished (I’m not familiar with a method of skipping these, just be patient for about 30 seconds) you will be back at the menu.
- Pick your preferred language and select ‘Continue’.
Chapter 3 (revisited for the better ending)
You will be back at the location where you last saved your gameplay. When following this walkthrough, you will be back in the cabin next to Shojo. Right before the moment we saved he told you he really needed a drink, which we will give him to let the game progress towards ‘the better ending’.
- Select Rum from your inventory while standing close to Shojo. This will start some dialogue which you will have to mash through. After this conversation another achievement will unlock:
At this point we will also be back on the island with the lighthouse, ending the third chapter once again.
Chapter 4 (the better ending)
- After the cutscenes and you are able to move Roh again, head up the island to reach the lighthouse. Interact with the door to enter the lighthouse and automatically start a conversation with L. Jacket.
- When the dialogue has ended, head up the room and interact with the ladder.
- Another conversation will automatically start with Muma. Mash through and eventually wake up in your bedroom once again, unlocking a different achievement for reaching ‘the better ending’:
Watch through the credits for about half a minute and be welcomed back into the menu. We will need to do a second playthrough to get to ‘the bad ending’ while doing all the ‘bad things’ during the game.