Here is a guide for this month’s Xbox Game Pass Rewards Quest in Ashes Cricket for “Getting 2 runs.” I had no idea what I was doing. An alternative method is provided at the bottom of the post.
Estimated Time Required: 5-15 Minutes
Achievements Unlocked?: None
Game Size: 13.5 GB
XCloud Game?: No
Can Begin on Ready to Start?: No
Unlocks on PC?: No
1) Start the game, choose Custom controls
2) Change AI/Match difficulty to Rookie
3) Change Batting Difficulty to Easiest
4) Change Bowling Difficulty to Easiest
5) Accept the controls
6) Once in the game, navigate to Settings, and then Gameplay Modifiers
7) Change Bowling Difficulty to Easiest
8) Change Batting Difficulty to Easiest
9) Back out to the main menu and select Casual match
10) Select New Men’s Match (or Women’s)
11) Press Y to change difficulty (change all of your settings to Easiest, if they aren’t already)
12) Proceed and choose Australia for your team and then Oman for the opponent
13) Change settings and select Rookie for match difficulty (if it’s not already)
14) Select Play Now
15) If you win the coin toss, select Bat. If you lose the coin toss, and the computer chooses Bat, quit the game and start a new one. You want to be the one holding the bat, not be the one throwing the ball (sorry to all cricket fans).
16) Wait for the person to throw the ball at you. Once the ball is close, press A to hit the ball. If the ball goes into an opening (ie not near any of the opposing players) tap X to start running the bases? (again, I have no idea what I’m talking about). Keep pressing X if you think that your player will make it to the other side before the ball gets to them. If the ball goes towards an opponent, don’t press X.
17) If you hit the ball out of bounds (past the far boundary) you get 4 runs. For some reason the quest only tracks this as 1 run. You will need to get an additional 1 run (or hit out of bounds for 4 runs) once more to get the 2 required for the quest.
18) Keep playing until you get your 2 runs. No need to aim or use the other hit types.
19) That’s it! Pretty easy? I guess? For not knowing what’s going on at least.
Video guide, if you need it: https://youtu.be/IXvTK1S2vo8
Alternative method from u/MiraiRhime-chan on Reddit: "Go to Training, then select Batting Tutorials, then select Running. Then all you have to do is complete the first couple of tutorials. For me it unlocked after completing the sprinting through the wickets. Took about 4 minutes total." (They did not unlock any achievements using this method, but there is an achievement for completing every tutorial, so you'll have to be careful about not doing that if you're avoiding achievements.)
Hope this helps!