Here is a guide for this week’s Xbox Game Pass Rewards Quest in Surviving Mars for “Playing 9 sols.”
Estimated Time Required: 10-15 Minutes
Achievements Unlocked?: None (Checked on an alt account and didn't unlock any)
Game Size: 10.4 GB
XCloud Game?: No
Can Begin on Ready to Start?: Yes (you should be able to work on tutorials at this point, and could theoretically complete the quest this way)
Unlocks on PC?: No
For those with a Paradox account that have already completed the game using the mod method, the method below should be the fastest way to unlock this. For those who haven't played before, scroll down to the Alternative Method.
1) Start the game
2) Create a Paradox Account in the main menu on the bottom of the screen (will require an email address/sign up)
3) Once you’ve created a Paradox Account, you can access mods. On the bottom of the main menu, select “Paradox Mod Manager.”
4) Once you’re in the Mod Manager, hit the View/Back button to search. Search for “Speed,” and select the mod created by ded-mazay titled “Change Game Speed Multipliers.”
5) Hit X to install the mod
6) Back out to the main menu. Accept any warning pop-ups that might come up. The game will go through another loading screen while applying the mod.
7) Once you’re in the main menu, select New Game. Hit B to Skip the Tutorials.
8) Once the game settings come up, press X to go to the next menu, X again to go to the menu after that, and then Y to select a random starting point. Press X to begin the game.
9) Once you load in, accept the initial message with A and then press right on the d-pad twice to select the second fast forward button. You should notice the bar under Sol 1 moving much faster now.
10) Wait around 5 minutes or so, clicking A to acknowledge any pop-ups that come up while you’re playing.
11) Once you complete Sol 9, you should unlock the quest!
Video guide, if you need it: https://youtu.be/QnhKFY7vtWs
Alternative Method (for those new to the game, or those that don't want to create a Paradox account). This method can be done when the game becomes Ready to Start on install:
1) Start the game
2) Select Tutorial, then The Basics tutorial
3) Load the game and once you're in, select A to dismiss the pop-up message, and then hit right on the d-pad twice to fast forward time as much as possible.
4) Wait around for 5-10 minutes while time passes until you complete Sol 9.
5) That's it!
Hope this helps!