Here is a guide for this month’s Xbox Game Pass Rewards Quest in The Long Dark for “Having 5 Distance Travelled.”
Estimated Time Required: 15-25 Minutes
Achievements Unlocked?: None (Make sure to quit after getting your quest. There is an achievement for surviving one night. Also only use Survival Mode, the story mode will unlock an achievement.)
Game Size: 8.8 GB
XCloud Game?: No
Can Begin on Ready to Start?: Unsure (Needs Confirmation)
Unlocks on PC?: Yes
1) Select Survival Mode
2) Select New
3) Select Pilgrim
4) Select Mystery Lake (or any map, really)
5) Choose a gender
6) Name your save and start the game
7) Once you load in, open settings with the View/Back button, select options, select Accessibility, and then turn Auto Walk On.
8) Return to the game and begin walking around. You can use RB to sprint, but you only have a small amount available and it takes a while to refill. In addition, after you sprint, your character grunts and breathes heavily, as if they are making vigorous love to you.
9) Continue wandering around until you find a large open area (the frozen lake is good) and press in on the left stick to enable Auto Walk. Set your controller down and wait.
10) If you reach a dead end/wall/barrier, turn your character around and head back in the opposite direction. Repeat until you finish the quest.
Video guide, if you need it: https://youtu.be/UTM3aGzRZfs
-According to u/NecessaryYak6 on Reddit, you can just rubber band both sticks together and you'll do circles in place, which will also count. Saves the time of wandering around.
Hope this helps!