Today we have a guide for the weekly Xbox Game Pass Quest in Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection for “Cleaning up 15 animal poops.” This quest should take between about 15 minutes if you’re just starting the game for the first time. You WILL unlock 2 achievements using this method.
If you DON’T want to unlock any achievements, check the bottom of this post for Method 2.
Unlocking an achievement is unavoidable while doing this quest. Method 1 unlocks two, while method 2 only unlocks one.
To those who unlocked an achievement using the second method, I am very sorry. I tested this on my alt account before posting and did not unlock any achievements. However, when I loaded back in for the second run, it unlocked then. Apparently the unlock is delayed.
Method 1 (with achievements):
1) Select New Game
2) Select Sandbox Zoo
3) Select North America (default) and start the game
4) Once the game loads, Press Y to enter Tycoon View
5) Scroll out into the open area and press A to “Build Zoo”
6) Choose “Exhibit”
7) Choose any of the exhibits by pressing A. Select A again to build a small exhibit (larger exhibits will open up later as you level up).
8) Place the exhibit down with A. Once it’s placed, you have to connect a path back to the main area or to another exhibit. Move the cursor to the main area and press A once it turns green to create a path.
9) Once placed, you have the option to edit the exhibit. Select Animals, Adopt New Animal, and choose an animal. Ideally, you want to select one that belongs in that type of environment (I’ll add a list below for which animal to put where) because you’ll level up faster. The faster you level up, the larger exhibits you can place, the more animals, and more poop. But, you can also just pick any animal and put it wherever. Spam A to select your given animal and put as many down as it will allow.
10) Once you reach the limit of animals, back out to the Edit Exhibit menu, select Exhibit Items, Animal Care, press A to build a station, and select one of the feeding options. I’m not sure this step is required but I figure more food=more poops, and it doesn’t add much time.
11) Once your first exhibit is down, repeat from step 5. Continue making small exhibits until you hit level 3 (the stars at the top of your HUD). At level 3, you can now start building some of the medium exhibits (Savannah Medium and Tropical Medium). Once you can build the medium exhibits, place those instead of the small exhibits.
12) Once you’ve built 4-5 exhibits, hover over your first exhibit with your cursor and press A to Edit the Exhibit. You should see a Poop tab that will be selectable if there is a poop to clean up. If so, select A on the tab, and A again once it zooms in to clean the poop. Confetti will explode if done successfully.
13) Scroll around to all of your exhibits to see if any of them have poops to clean. Clean any that have them available. If there are no more, continue building exhibits. Repeat the process over and over until you hit 15 poops. Then, you’re done!
-Animal preferences are as follows: Alpacas-Suri Alpaca (Andean Plateu), Antelopes-Arabian Oryx (Savannah), Bears-Grizzly (Alpine), Chimpanzees-Central (Tropical), Elephants-Indian (Tropical), Giraffes-West African (Grasslands), Jaguars-Goldman’s (Tropical), Kangaroos-Antilopine (Outback), Lions-Asiatic (Tropical), Llamas-Domestic (Andean Plateau), Rhinoceroses-Southern White (Savannah), Tigers-Bengal (Tropical)
-According to JadeDingo, the larger animals will poop more often, so it might be better to fill a bunch of habitats with elephants and avoid the chimpanzees.
Video guide here: https://youtu.be/9hqmK8yiZ5k
1) Select New Game
2) Choose Campaign Mode
3) Choose Original Campaign
4) Scroll right or left until you find the only Hard campaign that you can select when starting the game for the first time “Fame and Fortune: Kidding Around”
5) Start the scenario
6) Once you load in, Press Y to enter Tycoon View, and scroll to the left to find the “Tropical Small” exhibit (little brown patch with some palm trees and a rock).
7) Select A to edit the exhibit, scroll over to Poop, press A to select, and A again to clean it.
8) Back out and open the main menu and select “Retry” to reload the scenario. Repeat from step 6 14 more times. This should take about 20-30 minutes depending on how fast the game loads for you.
Video guide here: https://youtu.be/w6Ys2-PjFlg
Hope this helps!